CDL A or B Local Driver/Sales in Elk Grove Village, IL
Company: Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of
industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and
related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety
products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and
process chemicals. Dedicated to improving the performance of our
more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides
products, services and expertise through more than 18,500
associates, over 1,100 locations.Airgas is hiring a CDL A or B
Local Delivery Driver/Sales in Elk Grove Village IL. If you are
ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to
drive the business and your career forward, join our team today!
- Competitive hourly wages with 40 hours average per week
- Overtime pay after 40 hours
- Paid via direct deposit bi-weekly Benefits & Perks
- Great company benefits starting in 30 days:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Company paid basic life insurance and AD&D
- Short term and long term disability
- 401k with company match .5% up to 6%
- 7-8 paid holidays
- 5 days paid sick time
- 10 paid vacation days pro-rated first year
- Year 5-9: 15 days
- Year 10+: 20 days
- Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Training and Paid Orientation
- Perks: Fuel card, Uniforms Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home every night!
- This is a local delivery job making deliveries to external
customer sites and returning to a branch location.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday schedule. No weekend or holiday
- Shifts typically start between 5 am – 7 am and end between
approximately 2 pm – 5 pm
- Level of Touch: Load and unload; heavy physical labor moving
- Late model fleet with flatbed, tanker, straight and box
- Must be able to operate both manual and automatic transmission
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing
compressed gases to external and internal customer sites.
- Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains
signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Collects empty
cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returns empty
cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to
and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the
customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or
issues experienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operating procedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents
ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts
and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that
vehicle manifests, labeling and load are in compliance with all
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse
- Works in warehouse or in branch as needed and performs other
duties as assigned.Counter Sales Responsibilities
- Solicits sales from walk-in and telephone call-in customers
assisting customers with identification of product needs and
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork on a
timely basis. Documents sales, quotes or other information.
- Enters sales & quote data into the computer and researches
information for customers using the computer system.
- Receives payment for merchandise or services sold and enters
sale into the computer. Responsible for payments received and
adhering to all administrative and accounting related procedures.
Wraps and bags purchase and helps customers load merchandise into
- Provides warehouse support for shipping & receiving, inventory
stocking, cleaning, labeling, or other tasks. Restocks store
merchandise as needed. Arranges stock on shelves or racks in sales
area and keeps merchandise in order. Marks or tickets
- Follows all safety procedures. Uses established safety
procedures for cylinder handling during exchanges and storage of
- Maintains showroom cleanliness by procedures set forth by
- Maintains current price documentation and product literature as
it becomes available. Keeps product knowledge current.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and
responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended
to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to
meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Qualifications
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid CDL A or B Commercial Driver's License and valid USDOT
- Hazmat endorsement (H or X endorsement) or the ability to
acquire them as a condition of employment
- Ability to operate a vehicle with an airbrake system (no air
brake restrictions on CDL)
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class A or B professional
driving experience within the last five (5) years
- Must have a clean driving record to include no more than two
(2) convictions; OR two (2) at- fault accident in the last 3 years;
OR no more than a combination of one (1) conviction and one (1)
at-fault accident in the last 3 years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an
accredited driving school and a minimum of one (1) year of prior
driving experience within the last five (5) years.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry
- Regularly required to transport and move 60 pounds with or
without the use of a hand truck for distances up to 25 feet. For
transporting any weight 25 feet or beyond, requires the use of a
hand truck (or the aid of some alternate material handling
equipment). Employee may occasionally be required to transport and
move up to 800 pounds with the use of material handling
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak to customers and
employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data
- No DUI/DWIs within the past 7 years.
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and
physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug screen and
background check (criminal and work verification).
- Hiring Radius: Drivers must live within 35 miles of Elk Grove
Village, IL or be willing to relocate for this position.
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public
share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe
and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor
carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol
Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment
process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not
prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL
Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and
allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record. What do
our Team Members have to say about being part of the
team?"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver,
Cheshire "Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales
Specialist EOE AA M/F/Vet/DisabilityQualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to their race,
color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Airgas USA, LLC, Skokie , CDL A or B Local Driver/Sales in Elk Grove Village, IL, Sales , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!