Posted on: November 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
JOB TITLE: Senior Commodity Buyer
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Commodity Buyer will directly support and report to the
Purchasing Manager. The candidate will be expected to lead and
execute commodity sourcing strategies. Proven experience with
vendor management, focused on ensuring the business has a strong
supply base that meets expectations on cost, delivery, quality,
payment terms, and ease of engagement is required. The Senior
Commodity Buyer will be expected to prepare and present information
during supplier meetings, supplier negotiations, and internal
stakeholder meetings. The ideal candidate will have extensive
experience implementing and driving total cost savings
- Manage spend of about $60M USD.
- Lead in the development of commodity strategies, sourcing
activities, and project implementation.
- Become a subject matter expert in commodities managed.
- Implement and execute KPI's related to Savings, Contracts,
Payment Terms, Quality and Inventory.
- Work directly with the Purchasing Manager to develop a budget
- Report and track progress to budget on a monthly basis.
- Oversee project management duties to ensure timely execution of
budget related projects.
- Prepare and send RFQ/RFIs for commodity projects and
- Perform financial analysis of RFQ results to determine overall
- Articulate and summarize project pitches for cross functional
- Maintain consistent communication with suppliers to build
- Ensure invoice issues do not adversely affect supplier
- Lead supplier meetings and negotiations.
- Attend meetings as required to support or represent Purchasing
- Bachelors Degree in Business / Supply Chain/ Engineering /
- 4-6 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement and/or
Materials Management, preferred
- Demonstrated background and proven experience with
independently managing spend and a vednor base.
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Senior Buyer, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!