Electrical Engineer III
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 21, 2023
DescriptionSALARY$34.055 - $48.651POSITION SUMMARYPerforms
mechanical/electrical-engineering projects involving the
application of a comprehensive and diversified knowledge of
engineering principles and practices in the operation and
maintenance of CTA transit revenue vehicles, service vehicles and
various pieces of garage equipment.QualificationsPRIMARY
- Identify transit revenue vehicles maintenance problems and
provide solutions to prevent major breakdowns, minimize expensive
repairs, accidents, fires and other operating problems that could
affect passenger's health and comfort.
- Originate Service Bulletins, Modification Bulletins and
Technical Services Memos, to inform terminal personnel on
components design changes and updated manufacturers' recommended
repair and maintenance procedures.
- Evaluate vehicle and equipment repair, and maintenance
practices to ensure that they conform to the latest manufacturers
- Meets and communicates with vendors to resolve problems
involving defective equipment units, parts, and support
- Prepare, review and revise engineering drawings. Design tools
and fixtures that are not commercially available for use in the
maintenance and repair of revenue vehicles. Supervise the
construction or fabrication of such tools or fixtures and test and
issue service instructions for the use of such tools or
- Work with manufacturer representatives to coordinate the
installation, testing, and evaluation of new and non-OEM products
for possible alternate source and cost savings.
- Assist Purchasing Department to find other suppliers of
replacement parts that have been discontinued but are essential in
the operation and maintenance of revenue vehicles and other
equipment. Initiate a first issue request to assign CTA lot
- Review and revise Material Specifications based on engineering
standards, testing and actual material dimensional inspections.
Make necessary changes on the Specification and recommend its
approval to the Manager, Technical Services.Inspect suppliers
manufacturing facilities to evaluate if they meet the specified
standards to manufacture and capacity to supply the products.
- May direct lower level engineers, draftsmen, and technicians in
complex assignments. Performs other duties as assigned.Performs
related duties as assigned.CHALLENGES
- Cost reductions
- Engineering support for vehicles/equipment no longer supported
by the OEM.
- Identifying assessing and incorporating new technology.
- Managing the process to modify rail cars from initial testing
through completion of the modificatioEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and
approximately 5+ years of experience in mechanical and /or
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Required to physically working on top of, underneath or inside
equipment while inspecting and conducting tests.
- Chicago Transit Authority requires all employees to be COVID-19
vaccinated. If you are offered employment, you must provide proof
of full COVID-19 vaccination or proof that you are in the process
of becoming fully vaccinated as part of the hiring process and as a
condition of employment. Visit
www.transitchicago.com/careersKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Required computer skills on word processing, spreadsheet and
technical engineering programs.
- Must possess knowledge of Auto Cad.
- Must possess/be able to obtain current Rail Safety Training
- When Electrically Focused - Must have extensive experience in
the design, repair and operation of electric powered, rail transit
- When Mechanically Focused - Must have extensive experience in
the design and operation of facilities mechanical equipment and its
- Usual business office and testing laboratory.
- Exposed to 600 volt third rails and energized equipment.
- Exposed to usual rail vehicle maintenance shop and terminal
hazards and conditions, e.g. vehicular noise, dust, grease, moving
vehicles, electrified apparatus, or machinery, etc.
- On call 24/7 to assist in incident investigations and during
- Exposed to all weather and right of way conditions.EQUIPMENT,
TOOLS, AND MATERIALS UTILIZED
- Personal computer and related software, MMIS, Oracle and CAD
System, electrical meters, measuring instrumentsAdditional
DetailsPlease note, employees and/or union members will be given
priority consideration in the hiring process, per the applicable
labor contracts.Rate to be determined by applicant's entered
service date and service date in union jurisdiction of this
classification.CTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERNo employee or
applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of
race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, national origin,
sexual orientation, ancestry, age, unfavorable military discharge,
disability or any other status protected by federal, state, or
local laws; except where a bona fide occupational qualification
exists We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for
our workforce and supporting the communities we serve. CTA will
make reasonable accommodations for the known disabilities of
otherwise qualified applicants for employment as well as its
employees, unless undue hardship would result. If you require an
accommodation in the application or hiring process, please contact
email@example.com prior to the submission of your application
or upon notification of your actual test date. CTA will work with
you to determine if an accommodation can be provided.TO BE
CONSIDERED APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN THEIR ENTIRETY
- UPLOADED RESUME / WORK HISTORY
- JOB ASSESSMENT QUESTIONSINFORMATION PROVIDED MUST BE ACCURATE
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Skokie , Electrical Engineer III, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!