Tool and Die Technician - 2nd Shift
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Initial Value Stream:
Shift & Schedule:
1st, 6:00am - 2:30pm; Mon - Fri
Jorge Bahena, Tool Room Supervisor
Maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery
and building facilities to support the DRIV manufacturing plant.
This Team Member is a subject matter expert that c ompletes duties
of an advanced technical and/or mechanical nature that require
specific training, licenses or certifications. Notify the
Operations Supervisor of any occurrences that negatively impact
production. Adhere to safety, health, and environmental
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technician support to manufacturing maintenance and
repair. This includes the areas of Robotics, CNC, Tooling, Wire
EDM, Facilities, Mechanical, Electrical, Machine Operations or Tool
& Die. Must meet specific training requirements to complete
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled and pursuant to
work safety requirements. Complete job safety checklists and take
appropriate action to ensure safety for the equipment and
- Locate, trouble shoot and repair breakdowns of machinery and
other equipment to reduce production downtime . Make repairs and
updates to the building facility including electrical, carpentry,
plumbing, HVAC and painting.
- Promptly report quality problems and shut down the equipment or
operational area if unable to resolve.
- Identify process and equipment inefficiencies and suggest
- Other tasks and assignments consistent with knowledge and
Successful completion of high school or general education
The below requirements are for all job titles within this family,
but may differ between each individual position:
- Climb/Balance: Frequently required.
- Stooping: Regularly required.
- Kneeling: Occasionally required.
- Crouch/Crawl: Occasionally required.
- Bending: Regularly required.
- Standing: Regularly required.
- Handle Materials: Regularly required.
- Manipulate Objects: Regularly required.
- Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in
color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision regularly.
- Lifting: continuously lifting objects weighing 5lb - 40lb,
frequently lifting objects 40lb - 60lb, occasionally lifting
objects weighing up to 100lb.
Initial Duties Summary
This Technician's starting job duties will include repairing,
maintaining, and troubleshooting dies in the tool room and at punch
presses, as well as performing changeovers per production
The preceding job description is intended to provide general
guidelines and parameters for the job and is not intended to be a
comprehensive, detailed description of the job. The manager and the
employee should mutually establish detailed job expectations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Tool and Die Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!