Facility Technician - Now Hiring
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Company: US0024 Sysco Chicago, Inc.Zip Code:60016Minimum Level
of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of Experience:4
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: 0 JOB SUMMARY This
is an Operations position responsible for assisting in and
overseeing the safe operation, daily monitoring, and maintenance
activities associated with general maintenance and repair of the
facility, automatic retrieval systems, dock equipment, minor repair
of electrical devices, plumbing, fleet shop, and security.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety
policies, procedures, and governing requirements.
- Knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage) with
working knowledge of OSHA general industry electrical safety
standards; Title 29.
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70 National electrical code and NFPA
70E electrical safety requirements.
- Understanding of electrical meter testing.
- Working knowledge of OSHA electrical Arc Flash
- Understanding and working knowledge of PLCs (programming logic
controller) and PLC troubleshooting.
- Complete small welding projects as needed.
- Completes all special projects associated with buildings or
grounds, as requested including but not limited to moving furniture
or fixtures, changing lights.
- Completing basic maintenance and repair needs to ensure the
timely completion of all maintenance needs.
- Perform general building maintenance which includes but not
limited to light carpentry & painting, light plumbing, changing of
light bulbs, repair of minor electrical devices.
- Maintain facility assets through scheduled preventative
maintenance and repair activities which include but not limited to
roof inspections and repairs.
- Concrete and asphalt paving inspections and repairs.
- Concrete industrial wear-slab inspections and repairs including
joint cleaning, routing, and filling.
- Product racking inspections and repairs.
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) inspections and
- Dock equipment (IE: Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pit or
vertical dock levelers; manual or electric dock doors; manual,
electric, or hydraulic truck restraints; dock seals or shelters),
inspections and repairs.
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the
computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis
in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Responsible for daily refrigeration operator duties including
ePSM inspections and logs.
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as
- Maintain all tools and equipment in a clean, safe, working
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal
Protective Equipment required by the job.
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility
- Champion overall safety in the department.
- Comply with OSHA and other local, state and federal
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies
and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a
high level of cooperation. QUALIFICATIONS Education
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Facility maintenance tech school (preferred)Experience
- Four years of industrial facility and ASRS maintenance
experience; or equivalent combination of education and related
- Refrigeration Operator I/RETA CARO (preferred)Professional
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals.Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof
of liability coverage meeting Company standards.
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco
within 3 months.
- Electrical Arc Flash training (preferred)
- Trade electrical I & II training (preferred)
- Refrigeration Operator I RETA CARO (preferred)Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and
climb or balance.
- The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch,
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid
conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work
in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including
evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other
Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs
dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco's Benefits,
please visit HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES COVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW: Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service. AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Skokie , Facility Technician - Now Hiring, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...