Posted on: November 19, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
This position will conduct export operations activities for the
export accounts of the APAC, EMEA and LATAM markets of the Skokie,
IL DC. The position requires daily contact with sales, production
and transportation departments, attention to detail and advanced
organizational skills. Export operations activities include AES
filing, preparing export documentation, customer service, and
coordinating shipping requirements with our customer's
transportation and freight forwarding partners.
The Export Coordinator's primary purpose is to swiftly facilitate
export formalities of customer orders while identifying and
mitigating trade risk.
- Manage the order fulfillment process for Asian, European and
Latin American customers as assigned
- Prepare shipping and export documents.
- Customer Service.
- Direct communication between sales, agents, manufacturing,
transportation and customers.
- Export order processing from order receipt through shipment to
- Completes Electronic Export Information (EEI) declaration in
the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
- Coordinate shipments with customers' chosen freight
- Ensure compliance with US export regulations.
- Track inland transportation.
- Negotiate freight charges.
- Identify process efficiency opportunities.
- Provide guidance and timely responses to internal and external
- Collaborate with the Global Trade Compliance team and other key
internal functions such as sales, finance, legal, IT, supply chain
Bachelor's or Associates degree in Supply Chain Management,
Logistics or International Business or equivalent work experience
Minimum 3 years of experience in export operations, trade
compliance, shipping or receiving or freight forwarding.
- Desire to excel in Supply Chain, Distribution and Manufacturing
- Comfortable with basic governmental or other agency
- Seasoned in navigating hurdles under tight timelines; a sense
- Experience with working with third parties, external customers
- Strong interpersonal qualities; comfortable stepping into new
situations with new people.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- ERP and/or WMS experience a plus.
- Experienced in cross-functional collaboration and a
customer-focused working environment.
- Advanced English proficiency.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Export Specialist, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!