Fabricator Technician - 1st Shift
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery
and building facilities to support the Tenneco manufacturing plant.
This Team Member is a subject matter expert that c ompletes duties
of an advanced technical and/or mechanical nature that require
specific training, licenses, or certifications. Adhere to safety,
health, and environmental guidelines. Primary responsibilities
include reading and understanding instructions, ensuring that
required parts are present and meeting quality standards.
Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair equipment. Work may
involve the following: setting up and operating fabricating
machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal and overall
fabrication. Also, may include installing fittings, pumps, gauges,
and hardware to complete machine assembly as well as fit/tack
together pieces into subassemblies and then into complete machines.
There will be blueprint reading, laying out components, fitting,
fabricating, using power/hand tools and other skills to ensure
equipment is properly assembled and set up.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Welding experiencing- for example in MIG, TIG, GAS, Stick,
- Machine experience and able to operate lathe, Mill, drill
press, saws as well as fabrication, assembly and equipment
- Reading and understanding product schematics, blueprints as
well as interpreting engineering drawings.
- Machine building and repair experience
- High mechanical aptitude
- Identify process and equipment inefficiencies and suggest
- Other tasks and assignments consistent with knowledge and
- Be able to work independently yet be a part of a team
- Successful completion of high school or general education
- 3-5 years' experience operating machine shop equipment.
- 3-5 years' experience in welding and fabrication work.
- Basic knowledge in math and decimal places
- Knowledge in usage of gages, calipers and measuring tools.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paces environment and
meet production quotas
The below requirements are for all job titles within this family,
but may differ between each individual position:
- Climb/Balance: Frequently required.
- Stooping: Regularly required.
- Kneeling: Occasionally required.
- Crouch/Crawl: Occasionally required.
- Bending: Regularly required.
- Standing: Regularly required.
- Handle Materials: Regularly required.
- Manipulate Objects: Regularly required.
- Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in
color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision regularly.
- Lifting: continuously lifting objects weighing 5lb - 40lb,
frequently lifting objects 40lb - 60lb, occasionally lifting
objects weighing up to 100lb.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Fabricator Technician - 1st Shift, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!