VMC Machinist - 3rd Shift
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Job Title: DRIV Technician
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Maintain efficient and safe operations of all equipment, machinery
and building facilities to support the DRIV manufacturing plant, or
ensures manufactured parts are within compliance standards. This
Team Member is a subject matter expert that c ompletes duties of an
advanced technical and/or mechanical nature that require specific
training, licenses or certifications. Notify the Operations
Supervisor of any occurrences that negatively impact production.
Adhere to safety, health, and environmental guidelines.
Reporting Relationships :
- Job Reports to (Please List Job Title):
- Job Titles and Number of Employees by Job Title Reporting to
No direct reports
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duty? (Yes/No)
- Provide technician support to manufacturing maintenance and
repair. This includes the areas of Robotics, CNC, Tooling, Wire
EDM, Facilities, Mechanical, Electrical, Machine Operations, Tool &
Die or Quality Assurance. Must meet specific training requirements
to complete assigned work.
- Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled and pursuant to
work safety requirements, or coordinate measurements of PPAP.
Complete job safety checklists and take appropriate action to
ensure safety for the equipment and building or ensure quality and
conformity of parts.
- Locate, trouble shoot and repair breakdowns of machinery and
other equipment to reduce production downtime . Ensure conformity
and quality of parts produced. Make repairs and updates to the
building facility including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, HVAC
- Promptly report quality problems and shut down the equipment or
operational area if unable to resolve.
- Identify process and equipment inefficiencies and suggest
- Other tasks and assignments that are consistent with knowledge
Job Requirements :
Successful completion of high school highly preferred; additional
training or certification as required for the area worked.
- Has completed the necessary training and coursework for the
- Work is closely supervised. The Associate Technician supports
other Technicians on the same team and performs first level work
- Associate level is used for those areas requiring an
- Work assignments are within guidelines and range from routine
to moderately complex.
- Work is completed under general supervision.
- Has the skills to take on a variety of assignments within the
area of expertise.
- Work assignments are within guidelines but require some
interpretation and are often complex.
- Complete assignments autonomously and final work product is
typically reviewed and signed off on by a supervisor.
- Provide guidance and support to lower level technicians and is
called upon to handle non-routine problems as they arise.
Note: Experience for each level will vary somewhat and depends on
Apprenticeship requirements for the sub-categories requiring such
The below requirements are for all job titles within this family,
but may differ between each individual position:
- Climb/Balance: Frequently required.
- Stooping: Regularly required.
- Kneeling: Occasionally required.
- Crouch/Crawl: Occasionally required.
- Bending: Regularly required.
- Standing: Regularly required.
- Handle Materials: Regularly required.
- Manipulate Objects: Regularly required.
- Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in
color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision regularly.
- Lifting: continuously lifting objects weighing 5lb - 40lb,
frequently lifting objects 40lb - 60lb, occasionally lifting
objects weighing up to 100lb.
The preceding job description is intended to provide general
guidelines and parameters for the job and is not intended to be a
comprehensive, detailed description of the job. The manager and the
employee should mutually establish detailed job expectations.
Additional information for DRIV Technician by work area
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , VMC Machinist - 3rd Shift, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!