CDL Truck Drivers
Company: Contractors Steel Company
Posted on: May 13, 2022
CDL Truck Drivers Contractors Steel Company has been in business
for over 60 years and the warehouse and trucking operations are
growing quickly! We have locations in Van Buren MI., Wyoming MI.,
Twinsburg OH., Hammond IN., Surprise AZ. and now two locations in
CA (Burbank and Riverside). We are looking for an experienced truck
driver to add to our logistics team. If you are looking for a
career that is both challenging and rewarding, being a truck driver
at Contractors Steel is the right choice for you! Our drivers love
to work for us because they are home every night! Becoming part of
the team you need a CDL-A from your local states of residence.
Clean driving record and solid work history! Must be at least 21
years old! Pass a Drug & Alcohol Test and undergo physical/DOT
- Pre/Post trip Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedule.
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and
retain fuel/toll receipts using ELD (Omnitracs).
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight,
route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with
company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents, or violations. Skills
- Proven work experience as a truck driver.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations
(traffic, weather conditions etc.).
- Valid CDL-A license. Benefits may vary in union facilities:
- Beginning the 1st of the month following 30 days.
- Medical and Dental benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield,
Vision through VSP
- Life & AD&D and a Voluntary Life & AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- FSA (Flex Spending Account)
- 401K company match is 50% on first 6% of
contributions-eligibility is after 30 days of employment
- $100.00 boot voucher towards steel toe boots (after 90-day
- Uniforms provided (after 90 completion) with PPE (Personal
- PTO (Paid time off)
- Company pays for renewal of DOT cards!
- Paid Orientation
- Weekly Pay Sign on Bonus! Referral Bonus! CDL-A driver license
with 1 year of verifiable driver experience.
Keywords: Contractors Steel Company, Skokie , CDL Truck Drivers, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!