Posted on: May 10, 2022
Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech A
post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part
of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our
technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday
products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is
state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal
nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into
bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work.
These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw
material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and
recycled again - from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to
yoga pants. Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led
company with an international footprint and a diverse employee
population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our
mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our
leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to
learn. In addition, we have announced our plan to merge with AMCI
Acquisition Corp. II and expect to become a publicly traded company
on Nasdaq. Come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution
Future! * Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM
* 2022 - Coty, Inc. - LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in
majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
* 2021 - ZARA - cutting edge, high fashion black dresses made from
LT recycled carbon
* 2021 - lululemon - yoga pants & running shorts made from LT
* 2021 - L'Oral - partnership to make packaging with LT recycled
carbon * 2021 - Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable
Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
* 2020 - Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the
* 2020 - Fast Company World Changing Company
* 2020 - CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list Interested in
learning more? Visit us at and download/stream our latest
CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you
receive your podcasts! This position is open to candidates
authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for
any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. About the role
As Shipping Clerk, you will execute and manage outgoing shipments
and everything related to them. Loading and unloading of freight,
pick pack, and ship ordered. Work within the existing shipping and
logistics structure while helping to develop and advise on how to
make improvements. Communicate proficiently with internal and
external parties You will be responsible for handling and packing
complex air, ground, and ocean shipments globally, including the
shipment of hazardous materials in accordance with applicable
regulations. You will be accountable for the on-time and
cost-effective delivery of materials worldwide. Key duties * Work
with the existing global logistics infrastructure developing strong
relationships with logistics providers, processes, and customs and
* Responsible for accurate and timely processing of all outgoing
international and domestic shipments, including pick, pack, label,
and ship. Execute shipment booking with freight forwarders and act
as a liaison for timely processing and communication with all
* Handle international in all shipping modes, Ground/Rail/Air/Ocean
logistics operations, and related inland transportation. Coordinate
required customs permits, inspections, shipping, and commercial
* Proactively identify and address issues in a suitable manner
aiming for minimum disruption. Resolve problems concerning imports,
exports, transport delays, and bottlenecks.
* Pick, Pack, and Ship all materials in accordance with the
customer order and in compliance with all domestic and
* Maintain daily shipment status updates, including communication,
record-keeping, filing, and calling for information.
* Help to improve current processes while doing the day-to-day
* Have a desire to excel, learn and grow in Supply Chain knowledge.
Required Qualifications * Excellent interpersonal skills are
required to interface with suppliers, customers, and internal
personnel at all levels and countries.
* Must have effective communication and proven ability to find
creative solutions to complex global logistics challenges.
* Forklift and Hazmat shipping certified preferred.
* Must have experience in handling and shipment of
* Certification in global logistics and shipping is desirable.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in packing, shipping,
and a warehouse environment.
* BA/BS in business, purchasing, or logistics a plus
* Able to manage a multitude of projects simultaneously
prioritizing the business needs on a global scale
* Detail-oriented and the ability to self-manage time and
* Must have experience with ERPs such as SAP, NetSuite, Oracle, or
* Must be proficient in working with computers, type, and working
with Microsoft Office suite products such as Team, Outlook, Excel,
* Familiar with shipping software.
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required to interface with
suppliers, customers, and internal personnel at all levels
* Able to perform manual processes, such as unpacking and packing
boxes, loading and unloading trucks.
* Able to lift 50 pounds
* Be a team player, a willingness to pitch in with other team
members to get things done when rushes and emergencies occur,
regardless of job outlines
Keywords: LanzaTech, Skokie , Shipping Clerk, Professions , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!