Mid/High Volume Cell Team Member - 3rd Shift
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Job Title: DRIV Producer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Knowledge and skills beyond that of an Operator through work on
manufacturing equipment, machinery or information systems.
Responsible for troubleshooting equipment malfunctions. Complete
work that meets production and quality standards. Notify the
Operations Supervisor of any occurrences that negatively impact
production. This Team Member typically has acquired the general
knowledge and skills of the Operator. Adhere to safety, health, and
environmental guidelines .
Reporting Relationships :
- Job Reports to (Please List Job Title):
- Job Titles and Number of Employees by Job Title Reporting to
No direct reports
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duty? (Yes/No)
- Perform duties in the assigned work area, which include machine
and specialized equipment operations, mill operations, shipping and
receiving, materials handling, warehouse and dock, quality, laser
cutting, mold cleaning, high rise/turret truck and others.
- Set Up, Operate or shut down equipment and run computer
programs needed to complete and document work assignments.
- Follow safety procedures and DRIV's safety policy at all times.
Notify the Operations Supervisor of unsafe or hazardous working
- Follow Quality Management System requirements as outlined for
the job. Suggests ways for continual improvement for the work unit
assigned and to ways to improve efficiencies between work
- Perform visual, and functional inspection according to
engineering drawings/specifications and general quality
- Certified or has the ability to be certified to complete 1st
- Precisely follow written instructions as outlined on press
cards, standard work, or work instructions.
- 5S Housekeeping and work area cleaning tasks
- Resolve minor issues that hinder or slow the progress in the
- Other tasks and assignments consistent with knowledge and
Job Requirements :
Successful completion of high school highly preferred but not
Experience and Skill Requirements:
One to Two Years
- Proficient with tools, programs and equipment needed to perform
- Work assignments are fairly routine and work is closely
Two to Four Years
Associate Skills plus:
- Set-up machines and systems used to complete work.
- Troubleshoot equipment.
- Complete quality inspections
- Works under general supervision.
Four Years or More
Associate and Core Skills plus:
- Assist others when complex issues arise in area of
- Able to program machines and equipment and has the skills to
work in various areas of the manufacturing facility.
- Works independently to complete assignments.
- Might interface with Engineering and Quality Technicians to
resolve issues or handle special projects/requests.
The below requirements are for all job titles within this family,
but may differ between each individual position:
- Climb/Balance: Regularly required.
- Stooping: Regularly required.
- Kneeling: Regularly required.
- Crouch/Crawl: Regularly required.
- Bending: Regularly required.
- Standing: Regularly required.
- Handle Materials: Regularly required.
- Manipulate Objects: Regularly required.
- Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in
color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision regularly.
- Lifting: continuously lifting objects weighing 5lb - 20lb,
frequently lifting objects 20lb - 40lb, and occasionally or seldom
lifting objects 40lb - 75lb.
The preceding job description is intended to provide general
guidelines and parameters for the job and is not intended to be a
comprehensive, detailed description of the job. The manager and the
employee should mutually establish detailed job expectations.
Additional information for DRIV Power Producer by work area
Addendum: Specifics for Area Worked
- Perform all processes and operate machines required to blank,
crank, emboss, assemble, and label MLS gaskets in manual,
mid-volume, and high-volume workstations.
- Perform one-piece flow processes in a multi-person
- Complete daily production paperwork including piece-count
sheet, quality check sheet, move ticket, and production tracking
- Identify process, material, and equipment problems and notify
team leader or supervisor.
- Promptly report quality problems and shut down the equipment if
unable to resolve.
- Move parts by hand or by using a manual or powered truck.
- Understand quality criteria for parts produced.
- Perform inspection and packaging operations.
- Perform die exchanges and locate/return dies to correct
- Take accurate measurements and record them into data collection
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Mid/High Volume Cell Team Member - 3rd Shift, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!