Operations Supervisor, Prod/Dist Sup
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Tenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the
international automotive aftermarket built from the combined
strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and --hlins with 31 of the best
known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100
years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the
world work as one team, driving advancements that help our
customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race,
and every journey.
The Operations Supervisor oversees all aspects of day-to-day
production, manufacturing, and distribution personnel activities,
leads team meetings, and facilitates continuous improvements in the
process with emphasis on quality, reduction of cost and waste.
Responsible for ensuring the production of a quality product and
meeting production/customer specifications while achieving plant
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to identify and correct unsafe situations and/or
behaviors and model safety in all you do.
- Report, evaluate, and when necessary investigate all
work-related accidents by identifying the factors contributing to
the accident and implement corrective action.
- A team player possessing excellent communication skills and
having the ability to plan, prioritize and organize work
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, work under
pressure and meet deadlines.
- Assess situations, make judgements, analyze problems (not just
symptoms), make logical decisions and carry out the decision
- Work as a team with other supervisors to achieve company goals
- Thoroughly communicate all needed information with the other
- Work with management, maintenance, quality, and engineering to
solve production challenges.
- Enforce company polices and rules.
- Ensure safe working conditions and rectify any issues.
- Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline, and
measuring of employees' performance as necessary to complete
written evaluations of full-time, direct reports under the guidance
of the Value Stream Manager.
- Supervise overall operations by planning, prioritizing,
organizing, and delegating work effectively.
- Troubleshoot production and prep lines and coach line
- Ensure general operating procedures and guidelines are followed
in production by all personnel.
- Participate as required in continuous improvement teams and
provide leadership and support to teams in their efforts to meet
and exceed targeted capital costs.
- Employ the principles of lean manufacturing for elimination of
waste and optimization of labor efficiencies.
- Correct improper and unsafe work activities to minimize
- Ensure safety documents for direct reports are up-to-date and
easy to understand
Desirable Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Engineering, Business,
Management) preferred. High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory or leadership experience in
a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Strong decision-making skills and proven ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
with the ability to communicate effectively across departments
- Extensive knowledge of Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook,
- Experience with Kronos "Time Keeping and Attendance" is a
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Knowledge of the Manhattan WMS preferred.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Operations Supervisor, Prod/Dist Sup, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!