Posted on: November 17, 2023
Mechanical Assembler in Skokie, IL Kelly Professional &
Industrial, we're passionate about helping you find a job that
works for you. How about this one? We're seeking multiple
Mechanical Assembler, for an industrial manufacturer in Skokie, IL.
With us, it's all about finding the job that's just right. If
you're ready to work for an organization that cares about you, as
well as our product, we have an opening for you. Job Title:
Mechanical Assembler Type: Temp to Hire Location: Skokie, IL Pay: 1
st shift $19 and 2 nd shift $21 Shift: Monday-Friday
- 1 st Shift 6:00am-2:30pm
- 2 nd shift 2:30pm-11:00pm Overview Perform complex assembly
operations on metal components and subassemblies, including loading
arms, springs, swivel joints, and heavy mechanical loading and
unloading fittings. Use blueprints, samples, simple drawings,
schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions to perform
assembly. Safely use pneumatic and standard hand tools to assemble
products and test them when applicable. Use good hand/eye
coordination and manual dexterity to work with small parts and lift
parts up to 50 pounds. Maintain a safe work environment per company
safety standards. Job Duties
- Ability to assemble a variety of complex large and small
- Read and understand blueprints, work instructions and
procedures, highly configured products diagrams.
- Complete repetitive and standardized operations maintaining
product quality and safe work practices.
- Use a variety of hand tools, machines, and associated
equipment, including tape measures, gauges & mass flow tester.
- Ability to tap, drill, ream, shim, grind, test, etc. to
accomplish desired fit.
- Ability to operate crane all required equipment in an assigned
- Actively participate in all department projects, tasks, and
- Ability to perform quality assurance procedures.
- Other activities and duties based on the needs of the
- Perform functional test of all assemblies in accordance with
the accepted test procedures.
- Maintain and monitor test equipment as necessary to ensure
- Ensure work environment is clean, orderly, and free of safety
- Attend all required training.
- Actively participate in all department projects, tasks, and
objectives including but not limited to continuous improvement
- Operate pallet jack or overhead crane to move parts and
- Perform additional duties as requested by supervision,
including but not limited to stocking and packing, general
maintenance, material handling, set up activities for assembly/test
equipment. Work Environment
- Majority of the work time is spent in a manufacturing
environment where temperatures are often warm or cool, depending
upon the season, and noise level can be moderate to high
- PPE required as determined by company safety standards: safety
glasses, ear plugs, gloves, safety shoe. Qualification
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years relevant work experience.
- Meet and maintain daily production rates & goals as established
and required by the company.
- Ability to work all scheduled and adjusted times, and or work
overtime to accommodate production.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English comprehension and
expression both verbal and written.
- Ability to adjust to changing work environments, variable noise
levels and varying temperatures.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged standing and walking distances;
physical stamina and strength to perform repetitive bending,
reaching, and stooping motions; ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent manual dexterity with full-finger and hand movement
to perform repetitive motions and task.
- Willing and able to wear all required personal protective
equipment, including but not limited to steel-toed shoes, safety
glasses, non-conductive jacket.
- Ability to enter transactions in Oracle with high accuracy and
speed, adhering to company process.
- Other duties as assigned. What happens next? Once you apply,
you'll proceed to the next steps if your skills and experience look
like a good fit. But don't worry even if this position doesn't work
out, you're still in our network. That means all our recruiters
will have access to your profile, expanding your opportunities even
more. Helping you discover what's next in your career is what we're
all about, so let's get to work. For instant consideration for this
job position, Apply Now! As part of our promise to talent, Kelly
supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits,
perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees
voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision,
telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical
illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly
employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan,
service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays
per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition,
employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable
state or local plan. Click here for more information on benefits
and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly
Talent Community. Get a complete career fit with Kelly . You're
looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're
here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you
with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and
thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most
importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your
career. About Kelly Work changes everything. And at Kelly, we're
obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than
simply accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that
powers every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that
changes and improves everything for your family, your community,
and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to
providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life-just
ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.Kelly Services is proud
to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels
and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety
of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly,
we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we
can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application
process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center.
Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and
local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar
individuals from employment.
Keywords: Kelly, Skokie , Mechanical Assembler, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!