Automatic Punch Press Operator - 2nd Shift
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
JOB TITLE : Automatic Press Team Member
SUPERVISOR: Operations Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Set up and run Automatic punch press equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (The following duties and
responsibilities are all essential job functions as defined by the
ADA, except those that begin with the word 'may".)
- Set up and operate Automatic Punch Press equipment 085, 129,
736, 640, and 644.
- Perform S.P.C.
- Identify process, material and equipment problems.
- Final audit, inspection packing
- 100% inspection
- Move parts by hand using a hand truck.
- Complete daily production paper work including move tickets,
quality log sheets and safety checks.
- May operate power truck to push, pull, lift or move products,
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined
in the process notes on the press card, the applicable QMS
procedures and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual
- Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment
if unable to resolve.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows safety rules and regulations, participate in safety
meetings and suggest ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and
helps to resolve them.
- Understand FMPS and lean manufacturing concepts and the
importance of the line status boards.
- Willing and able to cross train in other departments within the
- Perform related duties and assignments that are consistent with
knowledge and training.
- Operate Automatic punch press equipment.
- S.P.C. Certified
- Understand operation and function of machine.
- Order dies from tool crib.
- Final Audit Certified
- Understand Quality criteria for parts produced.
- Operate hand truck
- Complete forms correctly and legibly.
- Power truck license.
- Ability to read and understand bills of material, routings,
press cards, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and
warning signs and other shop paperwork.
- Perform simple math calculations.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with
variety of employees.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (The following statements describe the
physical abilities required to perform the essential job functions,
although exceptions may be made to these requirements based on the
principle of reasonable accommodation.)
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds
on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend.
- Ability to stand for an eight hour shift.
- Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and manual
dexterity to operate machines with precision.
- Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and
closely examine parts.
- Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor
- Ability to pull, lift and transport gaskets to and from various
locations within the assigned location.
- Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise,
- Works regularly with machines where carelessness could result
in cuts, bruises, burns or muscle pulls. Serious injuries can be
avoided if established safety precautions are followed.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be
construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Automatic Punch Press Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!