Operations Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Company: Tenneco Automotive
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a 2nd Shift Operations Supervisor. The
First-line Supervisor is responsible for hourly
production/distribution/packaging employees in a designated
area(s). Drives implementation and continuous improvement within
designated work area(s); ensures the safe, continuous, and
efficient production of products that conform to our quality
standards; represents area in strategic planning, business analysis
and decision-making processes.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
* Driving implementation and continuous improvement of the
production system within your work area. Understanding and
complying 100% with the requirements of the production boards (film
* Proactively addressing daily production challenges in meeting
and/or improving performance against KPIs.
* Ensuring customer satisfaction by producing parts to approved
customer requirements and meeting customer delivery dates as
defined on purchase orders.
* Creating meaningful targets that align with the plant's
* Leading both Lean manufacturing and industrial housekeeping
practices in a work area; identifying and working toward
* Leading kaizen activities w/respective team (active participation
in/contribution to the plant vision.
* Autonomously driving operational process improvements (relative
productivity, throughput, safety improvements). Drive problem
solving in respective work areas and identifying areas for
* Supporting and developing Team Leaders in their roles.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* 2+ years of experience of supervision in a manufacturing
* Strong MS Office skills (Excel familiarity required).
* Knowledge of LEAN principles and Six Sigma.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco Automotive, Skokie , Operations Supervisor (2nd Shift), Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!