Posted on: November 20, 2022
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating
an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe
and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience
focused on providing customers with efficient service through
hands-on knowledge of all Produce products. Demonstrate the
company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity,
inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
* Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a
pleasant working and shopping environment.
* Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating
sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by
thanking customers for their business.
* Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the
store and assist them by escorting them to products,
loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of
* Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions
and requests in a timely manner.
* Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, slicers, wrappers,
scale, processor, fryer, boaster, ovens, compactor, highboy cart,
tongs, steamer, food processor, cleaning utensils, shrink wrappers,
decorating tube, oven racks and hot cases) according to company
* Assist with product production, packaging, presentation, rotation
and replenishment; follow basic product handling procedures; ensure
in-stock position of available product.
* Maintain working knowledge of all Produce equipment.
* Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution,
product skills and process skills.
* Ensure consistent execution of all Produce standard operating
* Utilize accomplished selling skills in order to secure additional
sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of
products during sales events.
* Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and
monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
* Create a product sales plan for each scheduled shift; identify
department opportunities during shifts and create plans for
* Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to
accomplish all assigned tasks.
* Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive
of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
* Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company
guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety
regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues
and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
* Assist general team members as needed.
* Physical demands include, but are not limited to, walking on
uneven ground, turning, standing, reaching stooping/bending,
walking, climbing ladders, squatting, kneeling, and
lifting/carrying objects 10 to 52 lbs., lift objects 20 to 60 lbs.,
and pushing/pulling objects 200 to 2,000 lbs.; occasional
lifting/carrying objects more than 52 lbs. and exposure to coolers
(35- 40 degrees) and outdoor temperatures.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position
with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
* High school diploma/GED or currently enrolled; basic math
* Effective interpersonal communication and customer service
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
* Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
* Sound judgement/decision making skills
* Ability to read/interpret documents
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.50 - $17.55 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Skokie, IL 60076: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Guest services: 1 year (Preferred)
* Barista experience: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Mariano's, Skokie , Produce Associate, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!