Operator Associate (DC 801) - 1st Shift
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Job Title: DRIV Power Operator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist in the finishing, assembly and packaging of products.
Operate manufacturing equipment to produce component parts. Set up
equipment as necessary. Might make minor adjustments to equipment
in order to maintain production and quality standards. Notify the
Operations Supervisor of any occurrences that negatively impact
production . Adhere to safety, health, and environmental
Reporting Relationships :
- Job Reports to (Please List Job Title):
- Job Titles and Number of Employees by Job Title Reporting to
No direct reports
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duty? (Yes/No)
- Set up and operate equipment to assist in the assembly of
products. This includes trimming, welding, cutting, coating,
heating, counting and packaging.
- Check equipment and tool settings against specifications before
operation, making adjustments when necessary.
- Document work completed using the appropriate procedures.
- Monitor inventory and alert Operations Supervisor when supplies
are running low.
- Follow safety procedures and DRIV's safety policy at all times.
Notify the Operations Supervisor of unsafe or hazardous working
- Manufacture, pick, and inspect products for compliance against
- Report issues or problems with production, quality, and safety
to immediate supervisor or Coach
- 5S Housekeeping and work area cleaning tasks
- Precisely follow instructions as outlined on the press card,
standard work or work instructions.
- Other tasks and assignments consistent with knowledge and
Job Requirements :
Successful completion of high school highly preferred but not
Experience and Skill Requirements:
Entry to One Year
- Ability to read, write and run simple mathematic
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to use computer and basic keyboarding.
- Ability to communicate clearly with coworkers.
Proficient with tools and equipment needed to perform job
One to Three Years
Associate Skills plus:
- Work involves complex tools and equipment or intricate assembly
- Ability to work with very precise requirements and
Three or More Years
Associate and Core Skills plus:
- Inspect parts and identify those having quality issues.
- Assist in resolving production problems in the work unit.
The below requirements are for all job titles within this family,
but may differ between each individual position:
- Climb/Balance: Frequently required.
- Stooping: Regularly required.
- Kneeling: Regularly required.
- Crouch/Crawl: Regularly required.
- Bending: Regularly required.
- Standing: Regularly required.
- Handle Materials: Regularly required.
- Manipulate Objects: Regularly required.
- Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in
color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision Regularly.
- Lifting: Continuously lifting objects weighing 5lb - 20lb,
frequently lifting objects weighing 20lb - 30lb, occasionally
lifting objects 30lb - 50lb.
Addendum: Specifics for Area Worked
The preceding job description is intended to provide general
guidelines and parameters for the job and is not intended to be a
comprehensive, detailed description of the job. The manager and the
employee should mutually establish detailed job expectations.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Operator Associate (DC 801) - 1st Shift, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!