Company: Alden North Shore Rehabilitation and Health Care C
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Alden North Shore Rehabilitation and Health Care Center - JOB
- Responsible for performing the daily activity calendar
requirements set by the Activity Director. Required to support and
follow the Activity Program's mission, philosophy, policies and
procedures and state and federal regulations. Will achieve and
maintain the highest quality of life for each resident, with
understanding of all psychosocial, medical, and activity
- Hold a high school education or equivalent.
- Have at least 1 year experience working in the healthcare
field, volunteering or personal experience with the disabled
- Current knowledge of Federal and State activity regulations
and/or ability to understand and interpret.
- Be able to read and write English.
- May prefer bi-lingual abilities based off of individual
- Must have a valid, IL driver's license.
- Must be punctual and time efficient, especially as it relates
to following the activity calendar.
- Possess the qualities of empathy, compassion, understanding,
enthusiasm, personable, energetic, positive, and humorous in order
to effectively interact with residents, families, and
- Must be able to relate and work with ill, disabled, elderly,
emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with to the community,
other health professionals, outside professional organizations,
senior services, government agencies, and any other provider or
professional in the community.
- Understand and be able to manage emotional needs of yourself
and the staff.
- Must be able to push, pull or carry 50 pounds.
- May be required to lift equipment, supplies, and occasionally
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents,
family members, personnel, and support.
- Provide feedback to Activity Director for monitoring
achievement of facility and program goals through a team
- Lead a therapeutic, person-centered activity program, which
constantly strives to enhance the quality of life of each resident
and meets the Activity Mission and Philosophy.
- Follow all Activity Policies and Procedures and Federal and
- Become knowledgeable of each individual resident's background,
cultural, life history, disease, and medical care needs in detail
to ensure an appropriate person-centered activity plan.
- Activities shall be daily and shall reflect the schedules,
choices, and rights of the residents.
- Be able to understand communication needs of residents, such as
language services, communication boards, etc.
- Per direction of the Activity Director, conduct, oversee, and
complete initial and all on-going assessments, including but not
limited to social, medical, cognitive, communication abilities,
spiritual needs, physical, neuro-psychological, behavioral, amongst
others as it relates to individual activity/leisure.
- Document and complete all required documentation per Activity
- Maintain the following records: Resident Daily Participation,
Resident Progress notes, Leisure Interest Survey, and Activity
Planning sheets to assist in scheduling and meeting resident
- Assist to update activity boards through direction of the
Activity Director, with a monthly theme that is creative, neat, and
- Facilitate community involvement, such as inviting the
community to events and programs.
- Assist in resident outings, which can include but not limited
to shopping centers, movies, restaurants, community events, etc.
that may also entail driving residents to and from the resident
- Follow Activity staff schedules with a team approach and
continuity of care.
- Work as team with staff and volunteers.
- Must maintain structure of activity schedule and conduct all
activities on-time; May not cancel an activity without permission
of Activity Director.
- Must maintain equipment and supplies in good clean order. Must
notify Activity Director within 48 hours if any new materials are
needed for scheduled activities and when repairs are
- Must update calendars and boards daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden North Shore Rehabilitation and Health Care C, Skokie , Activity Aide, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!