Sr. Systems Engineer Specialist
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Infrastructure - Identity & Privileged Access Management
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a premier
integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked as a Top
15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. Headquartered in Skokie, IL.
NorthShore encompasses nine hospitals, as of early 2022 - Evanston,
Glenbrook, Highland Park, Skokie, Swedish, Northwest Community,
Edward Hospital, Elmhurst Hospital, and Linden Oaks Behavioral
Health - as well as NorthShore Medical Group and Edward-Elmhurst
Medical Group with more than 300 offices combined, more than 6,000
primary and specialty care physicians, the Research Institute and
Foundation. In total, the combined NorthShore and Edward-Elmhurst
entity has annual revenues of $6.2 billion and employs 25,000
people. We take care of over 1,000,000 patients and are the second
largest medical group in Illinois.
Infrastructure - Identity & Privileged Access Management
We are looking for an experienced Identity & Privileged Access
Management (PAM) Engineer to work with our engineering team to
develop, implement, optimize, and maintain PAM solutions. You will
be responsible for securing access to the organization's most
critical systems and data with a privileged access management
solution. Provide appropriate access to applications, systems, and
data with advanced authentication.
To be successful as a PAM engineer, you should be able to identify
the most optimal PAM solutions for our clients and maintain the
infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company
security policies. A top-notch PAM engineer should have excellent
troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and
should be a team player. This position will also investigate
routine computer incidents under the direction of senior
engineer's. This position will handle confidential and proprietary
* Engineering and implementation of security technologies centric
to Privileged Access security solutions.
* Implementation & integration of PAM solutions (CyberArk, Beyond
* Experience in Identity & Access Management platform
* Provide input into architectural design of Access Control, User
Entitlements, Application Credentials, User Access Policy
Management, enhancing security related to Privileged Access
* Keep documentation accurate with environment changes.
* Excellent communications skills, both written and oral are a
requirement for this position.
* Lead the adoption of the Identity and Access strategy through the
documentation of business capability and roadmap developed with
* Ensure critical global Privileged Access Management service meets
key service and security objectives, by maintaining sustainable and
effective service and security monitoring, investigation and
remediation of service and security issues.
* Assist in transformation of Cyber Security Operations; supporting
a series of funded transformation activities (including privileged
* Contribute to design, development and maintenance of security
standards and controls. Lead continuous service improvement &
development activities including health-checks and upgrades.
* Manage and advise technical support and application teams to
assist in the on-boarding of new systems into the PAM service.
* Develop and support assurance activities for effective management
of privileged access.
* Leading in the identification and ongoing monitoring of specific
security risks and KPIs and production of management information to
ensure value from key security services.
* Perform PAM administration activities in accordance with security
standards to ensure that passwords are accessible to appropriately
authorized users only.
* Provide out of hours support and change delivery for PAM service
(on a rotating basis).
* Day-to-day activities include working with customer teams and
supporting current tasks and activities.
* Working with Windows and Linux support teams.
* Troubleshooting system and application accounts in a diverse
* Administer password rotations, password malfunctions, account
creations, account changes, accounts integrations,
maintaining/creating new safes, and security policies.
* Candidates may be required to Provide end-user training and PAM
* Responsible for licensing and entitlement management of the PAM
environment, including growth and capacity planning.
* Responsible for performance tuning, providing high availability
and eliminating single points of failure for the PAM
* Provides environment & DR support (clustering, backups, SOPs
* Performs vault/safe/platform Administration Projects (upgrades,
new functionality, etc.
* Assists with external Projects / Onboarding- gather requirements
which would include scope, customization, etc. and account
* Lead automation activities.
* Performs account (Vault Internal) administration, monitoring,
maintenance and secondary controls.
* Accurately maintain all documentation as it relates to
configuration, processes, service records, asset inventories,
topologies, administration manuals, job instructions, support
* Ensure IT Leadership is aware of all known and identified risks
to system availability, performance, reliability and security.
* Scripting, Automation, and Orchestration to drive efficiencies
within IT operations.
* Partner with security and risk teams to implement and maintain
security polices and configurations in accordance with corporate
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Bachelors' degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering,
Computer Science, or other closely related discipline. Equivalent
experience may be considered in lieu of formal degree.
* Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience in non-complex
IT engineering systems that include basic network, storage,
back-up, platforms, middleware, application with three (3) years'
experience in implementation and integration of CyberArk's, Beyond
Trust, Arcon, ManageEngine, Centrify, and/or Symantec Privileged
Identity Management. Experience deploying Application Identity
* Experience with PAM Operational tasks - Creating Safes, Defining
Access Control, Policies/Platforms, User provisioning and
entitlements, Managing Applications Credentials, Auto-upload and
User Access Policy Management.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize, execute tasks and meet
* Ability to interact with colleagues from all levels of the
organization, both technical and non-technical, and communicate
technical ideas effectively.
* Experience in performing Privileged Access Reviews, Compliance
Reporting, Access Control Processes and other associated tasks with
Privileged User Management.
* Knowledge in setting up multi factor authentication (RSA, RADIUS,
* Experience with REST API for automated provisioning of Safes,
Accounts and Access Control.
* Experience with auto discovery and automatic password
* Skilled in Active Directory concepts, including users, computers,
* Solid understanding of protocols, services, and traffic flows for
* Requires self-motivated approach to work with keen attention to
detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
with minimal oversight.
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet and
* Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment as well
as independently, with minimal direction.
Preferred Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Hands-on
experience in one or more of the following:
* IT Security/vulnerability management
* Web/Email Filter
* Intrusion Prevention
* Vulnerability Scanning
* Data loss prevention
* Azure, AWS, Microsoft 365
* Active Directory
* SQL Server (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS)
* Application Whitelisting
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better
understand how NorthShore delivers on its mission "to preserve and
improve human life" through superior clinical care, academic
excellence and innovative research.
NorthShore is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the
main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender
Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal
Keywords: Northshore, Skokie , Sr. Systems Engineer Specialist, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!