Surveyor Services Specialist
Company: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Ca
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Reporting to the Director, Surveyor Services, the Surveyor
Services Specialist is the central point of contact for Surveyors
and responsible to ensure incoming requests for support and
collaboration are prioritized and triaged in a timely and
professional manner. This role supports the development and
management of the AAAHC Surveyor Team, comprised of approximately
300 physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals. The
Specialist is responsible for a wide range of project and process
management, provides operational support, and exercises independent
judgment.The Surveyor Services Specialist drives robust Surveyor
engagement providing the Surveyors with up to date information on
AAAHC policies, procedures, and resources relevant to their role.
The Specialist also maintains Surveyor profile information
necessary for administering survey privileges (i.e., badges) and
scheduling, and analyzes performance data to drive consistency and
ensure ongoing competency of the Surveyor cadre.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a central point of contact for Surveyors to ensure
incoming requests for support and collaboration are prioritized and
resolved and/or triaged in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop and manage contributions to the Surveyor Newsletter
(SNE); regularly communicate with all Surveyors to ensure they are
up to date on and compliant with AAAHC policies, procedures,
education, and resources relevant to their role as Surveyors.
- Support the survey privileging and badging process for all
Surveyors in accordance with CMS and AAAHC Accreditation standards,
federal and state laws, and AAAHC policies. Maintain Surveyor
profiles including system monitoring and profile change approval
- Serve as AAAHC survey badging subject matter resource
internally; monitor Surveyor badging compliance on an ongoing basis
for Surveyors seeking new badge privileges and ongoing maintenance
- Monitor Surveyor utilization and collaborate with Operations
Scheduling Coordinators to ensure survey volume conducted is within
established AAAHC guidelines. Generate weekly reports to monitor
utilization; communicate with Surveyors with updates on status as
- Monitor and analyze Surveyor client, HQ Operations staff,
Accreditation Committee evaluations and other performance data to
monitor Surveyor performance against AAAHC competency expectations.
Generate and distribute periodic performance evaluation data to
Surveyors. Identify and escalate performance issues.
- Analyze Surveyor survey performance data to identify trends,
variations and opportunities for improvement and/or corrective
- Serve as Secondary Staff Liaison for assigned committees;
contribute to preparation of meeting agenda and materials, draft
meeting minutes, and support related communications including
BoardEffect portal maintenance. Contribute to AAAHC Board and
senior leadership reports as requested.
- and other special projects as identified.
- Collaborate on coordination and development of live/virtual
Surveyor training. Responsibilities may include but are not limited
to: manage invitations, contribute to presentation content and
handouts, support production, organize technology requirements,
schedule and launch online content, facilitate online questions
from attendees during meetings, troubleshoot technical and
logistical issues, manage Surveyor registration, coordinate staff
and speaker travels plans/arrangements.
- Serve as department LMS expert; manage core LMS functions and
logistics, including registration processes for live, webinar, and
online learning opportunities for Surveyors. Extract, analyze and
summarize LMS course registration and completion in compliance with
badging and other required meeting/education participation.
- Contribute to design and refinement of the Accreditation
Management System (AMS) with focus on Surveyor Profile and
Scheduling modules. Actively support development of Surveyor AMS
- At least once a year, participate as an observer in a AAAHC
survey for purposes of program quality assurance and improvement,
and ongoing professional development.
- Participate in new Surveyor recruiting including application
review, interviewing and training coordination and
- Contribute or manage other assigned projects in support of
Surveyor development and ongoing competence.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional work
- At least two years' work experience including internships, part
time positions, or relevant volunteer work
- Highly organized with strong project management skills;
demonstrated time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen eye for detail and strong analytic and problem-solving
- Independent thinker and problem solver; requires minimal
- Ability to work effectively as a team member,
cross-functionally with other departments, and with all levels of
- Microsoft Office Proficient (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
ability to use databases for reporting and analysis
- Experience in the health care industry
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience working with accrediting organizations
Keywords: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Ca, Skokie , Surveyor Services Specialist, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!