Mold Support Systems Specialist - 3rd Shift
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Job Title :Mold Support Systems Specialists (Set Up)
Department : MR
Reports to : Production/Tooling Supervisor
Date : April 2022
Tenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the international
automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of
Tenneco, Federal-Mogul, and Ohlin's with 31 of the best known and
respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or
older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work
as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the
most from every vehicle, every ride, every race, and every
The mold support specialist requires timely and accurate
preventative maintenance, assembly/disassembly, troubleshooting,
and minor repair work on prototype and production molds used in
daily operations. This job also recommends improvements to
manufacturing processes, supports production on a daily basis, and
assists in plant improvements from a process standpoint.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists production employees with operational problems on all
shifts with the ability to obtain production 1st Article Sample
Approval (checking parts against acceptance criteria, completing
paperwork, and submitting parts for approval).
- Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment
if unable to resolve them.
- Supports daily operations at the press with mold
troubleshooting, assembly/disassembly, and minor (nonmachine shop)
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined
in the process notes on the press card, the applicable QMS
procedures, and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual
- Disassembles, repairs, cleans, and reassembles all mold types
including complex valve gate style cold runner systems, and orders
parts/machine inventory as necessary.
- Completes paperwork and data entry required for mold
preventative maintenance schedule/program.
- Moves molds and mold components for viewing, cleaning,
shipping/receiving, and repair, using lift trucks and hoists.
- Operates tools and machines necessary for mold cleaning,
preventative maintenance, and mold repair.
- Removes and installs rubber injection molds into a variety of
presses using various tools and power mold trucks.
- Removes and installs rubber injection molds into preheat ovens
and storage racks using power mold trucks
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows EHS rules and regulations, promptly reports quality
problems, participates in safety meetings and CBT, identifies, and
reports unsafe conditions/personal injuries, and practices, and
suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Knowledge of rubber manufacturing. Working knowledge of
processes associated with rubber molding including compounding,
mixing, extruding, cleaning systems, bonding, post-curing, and
- Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a
- Through knowledge of manufacturing processes, machines and
materials used, and products produced in the unit.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble all mold types including
complex valve gate style cold runner systems.
Desirable Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED Certification required.
- Operates multiple combinations of equipment and tools in
- Ability to read and understand bills of materials, routings,
work instructions, and other shop paperwork. Ability to complete
production process documentation accurately and in a timely
- Ability to perform and document simple arithmetic
- Understands manufacturing process and quality acceptance
criteria for parts produced.
- Administrative abilities necessary to plan and prioritize own
work, complete work on schedule and maintain required records and
logs. Completes forms correctly and legibly.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with a
variety of staff.
- Operate hand truck.
The following statements describe the physical abilities required
to perform the essential job functions, although exceptions may be
made to these requirements based on the principle of reasonable
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds
on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend, and climb
(ascend and descend) ladders.
- Ability to stand and operate equipment for up to twelve
- Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and the manual
dexterity to operate machines with precision.
- Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor
- Ability to pull, lift and transport gaskets to and from various
locations with the assigned location.
- Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors,
and temperature extremes.
- Works regularly with machines where carelessness could result
in cuts, bruises, burns, or muscle pulls. Serious injuries can be
avoided if established safety precautions are followed.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Mold Support Systems Specialist - 3rd Shift, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!