Motorparts - Product Test Intern - Summer 2023
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers,
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with full year 2021 revenues of$18
billionand approximately 71,000 team members working at more than
260 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts,
Performance Solutions, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving
advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions
for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial
truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
The intern will assist or lead various product testing projects
which may include but are not limited to:
- Work in lab under Testing Team's direction and guidance.
- Setup test fixtures, clean and organize areas of the lab.
- Work with test request paperwork, lift and move engine
components, assist testing personnel with the test work, and
maintenance of the lab facility.
- Run tests as knowledge and experience allows.
- Communicate with test requesters and customers regarding
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Skills and experience necessary for this role include:
- Mechanical aptitude and experience.
- Quick learner with a positive attitude.
- Team player w/focus on SAFETY.
- Communication skills (oral, written, presentation, etc).
- PC skills w/MS Office and lab databases.
- Focus on customer satisfaction and quality.
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Associate Degree in Mechanical
Technology studying for BSME.
- Possible engine assembly or fabrication experience.
- Willing to work with hands and get dirty when needed.
- Capable to lift 50 lbs and torque bolts to 100 ft-lbs.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Motorparts - Product Test Intern - Summer 2023, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!