LEM Cell Operator - 2nd Shift
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
JOB TITLE: LEM Cell Team Member 1
SUPERVISOR: Operations Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
Operate equipment within the LEM cell for the production of gaskets
following production requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: ( The following duties and
responsibilities are all essential job functions as defined by the
ADA, except those that begin with the word "may".)
- Hold SPC, First Article and/or Final Audit certifications and
performs those checks and operations as necessary, using micrometer
and other measuring instruments, computer and tools.
- Setup and operate the coating line.
- Setup and operate the screen printing operation.
- Setup and operate the molding press.
- Setup and operate the blanking press.
- Inspect and package parts.
- Operate a powered truck.
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements as outlined
in the process notes on the press card, the applicable QMS
procedures and work instructions; and suggests ways for continual
- Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment
if unable to resolve.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows EHS rules and regulations, participate in safety
meetings and CBT, and suggest ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and
helps to resolve them.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Read and understand operating instructions such as bill of
materials, routings, work instructions and other shop
- Perform simple math calculations.
- Setup and operate equipment within the cell.
- Operate electric hoist.
- First Article or Final Audit Certified.
- SPC Certified
- Power truck license
- Understands quality criteria for parts produced.
- Operate hand truck.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with
variety of staff.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (The following statements describe the
physical abilities required to perform the essential job functions,
although exceptions may be made to these requirements based on the
principle of reasonable accommodation.)
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to forty pounds
on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend, and climb
(ascend and descend) ladders.
- Ability to stand for an eight hour shift.
- Ability to reach and grab with arms and hands, and manual
dexterity to operate machines with precision.
- Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and
closely examine parts; and to distinguish colors.
- Normal hearing in order to detect equipment and motor
- Ability to pull, lift and transport products to and from
various locations within the assigned location.
- Works in areas that can be uncomfortable due to noise, odors,
and temperature extremes.
- Works regularly with machines where carelessness could result
in cuts, bruises, burns or muscle pulls. Serious injuries can be
avoided if established safety precautions are followed.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for the performance of this job.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties,
responsibilities or requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , LEM Cell Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!