CNC Machinist - 1st Shift
Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Avery Dennison is looking for a CNC Machinist for the Reflective
Solutions business based in North America, focused on the traffic
and safety industry. This role requires CNC programming experience
and - will lead multiple development projects while working in a
collaborative environment. -You will work under the leadership of
our Tooling/Mechanical Engineer and will be based at our location
in Niles, IL. -To be successful, you should have a strong aptitude
for technical work with related project management experience and a
real passion for collaborative work in a team-based environment.
This position is for 1st shift.Responsibilities: -
- Lead multiple development projects simultaneously while
achieving project timing, and job specifications.
- Use manual machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, drill
press and vertical bandsaws to machine parts.
- CNC machining including programming and tooling
- Experience with precision measurement tools
- Work with engineering for design review and feedback and for
product manufacturability. Ability to read and interpret mechanical
documents and drawings
- Set and run machines up for R&D related jobs, including
Wire EDM, micro-machining, etc.
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with
requirements to determine if the process has been completed
properly. Must be able to use standard measuring tools (calipers,
micrometers, gauges, and so on).
- Work in a collaborative environment, engaging with other
R&D engineers and technicians.
- Utilize strong project management skills to plan and complete
project tasks on time with Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) tools and
methodologies a plus.
- Follow all corporate policies and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required, Associate
- 3-5 years work experience in a CNC Machinist role
- Experience with CNC programming
- Proficient in modeling and reading drawings in CAD/CAM is a
- Experience with precision micro-cutting techniques is a
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Reasonable Accommodations Notice:If you require
accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are
available to submit an application. Please contact (440) 534-6080
or Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to discuss reasonable
accommodations.PandoLogic. Keywords: CNC Operator, Location:
Skokie, IL - 60076 , PL: 531656929
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Skokie , CNC Machinist - 1st Shift, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!