Asset Protection Supervisor, Old Orchard - Full Time
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet
approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to
make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will
always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the
world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life.
Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and
access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our
colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and
collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background,
thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Asset Protection Supervisor (APS) supports Asset Protection
Management in leading the implementation and execution of all
necessary asset protection programs, which includes: leading the
external and internal investigations programs, executing all
components of the shortage control and safety programs, and driving
shortage and safety awareness within the location via all tools and
resources provided. The APS will train, develop and coach the
performance of the AP Associates in the location, ensuring they
follow all policies and procedures as it pertains to external
apprehensions, record retention, shortage control and safety
The Asset Protection Supervisor must consistently act with
integrity, humanity and respect. As a player coach for the AP team,
the Supervisor is a role model of customer centric behavior through
asset protection and good stewardship of time and resources.
- Supervise the execution of Internal Investigations and external
Protection Program; ensuring staff follows all policies and
procedures as they pertain to apprehensions, closed circuit
television (CCTV) usage, and record retention etc.
- In conjunction with Store Leadership communicate the safety and
shortage action plans/programs.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and open lines of
communication between Asset Protection, Store Leadership, Store
Associates, Central, and peer Asset Protection teams.
- Maintain building security; open and close the building when
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Must satisfy licensing requirements (as required by state or
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May occasionally involve reaching above eye level, stooping,
kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to apprehend shoplifters
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in
- Frequently lift/move up to 30lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc.
reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a
diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in
San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in
Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's
obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for
positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the
Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.
Keywords: Bloomingdales, Skokie , Asset Protection Supervisor, Old Orchard - Full Time, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!