Fermentation Research Associate
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Mission-driven LanzaTech is a revolutionary solution to climate
change, capturing pollution to clean our skies and oceans and
create new high value products for a sustainable future. LanzaTech
captures pollution to make fuels and chemicals, including
sustainable jet fuel and products you use every day. The technology
is like retrofitting a brewery onto an emission source like a steel
mill or a landfill site, but instead of using sugars and yeast to
make beer, pollution is converted by biology to fuels and
chemicals! Imagine a day when your plane is powered by recycled
emissions, when your yoga pants started life as pollution from a
steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology.
- 2021 Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels,
Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the
- 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
- 2019 Chicago Innovation Awards Winner
- 2019 Fortune Magazine - Change the World - Companies to
- 2019 Kirkpatrick Chemical Engineering Achievement Award
- LanzaTech is committed to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as part
of our mission, culture & core values
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the
United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is
an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability,
or veteran status.
We have an exciting opportunity for two junior scientists to
join the Strain Development team at LanzaTech. The role involves
characterizing new bacterial strains from the Synthetic Biology
group using LanzaTech's continuous gas fermentation process for
delivery to Process Integration and pilot-scale testing. As a
member of this team the successful candidate will operate gas
fermentation reactors and supporting systems, participate in
experimental planning, and join cross-functional team-based
projects with engineering, synthetic and computational biology. The
successful candidate(s) will advance our understanding of strains
using anaerobic microbiology, principles of Biological/Chemical
Engineering and Systems Biology tools to rationalize and accelerate
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in microbiology, biotechnology or
a degree in engineering with a biology focus (bioprocess,
- Experience working in accordance with good laboratory practices
and adhere to safe standards and practices.
- Attention to detail and an ability to work consistently and
- Capable of working effectively in a team environment.
- Proficient in standard computer programs (e.g. Microsoft
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and prioritization skills.
- Capable of time-management to complete tasks efficiently and
within stated timelines.
Keywords: LanzaTech, Skokie , Fermentation Research Associate, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!