Posted on: April 9, 2021
Description:Chemist will primarily be responsible for running,
troubleshooting and analyzing samples with a GC, HPLC and/or ICP
system utilizing standardized and in-house lab methodology; writing
and reviewing standard operating procedures (SOPs); and performing
basic and complex laboratory operations including sampling,
chromatographic and material assays. A depth of experience in
spectral and chromatographic data interpretation and validation is
required. A high level of competency in trace analysis of
contaminants, pesticides, or drug compounds and a clear
understanding of acceptable practices for data and method
validation are needed.Essential Duties:
- Set up, run and troubleshoot GC, HPLC and ICP systems.
- Maintain validated ISO 17025 standards of performance for
analytical chemical testing.
- Demonstrate leadership ability and excellent interpersonal
- Formulate and clearly communicate ideas, both verbally and in
- Work independently with little guidance, and within a
collaborative group environment.
- Develop procedures for documenting results from data
- Ensure test equipment is clean, maintained and in good working
- Maintain a safe, clean and sanitary work area.
- Ensure high quality standards are met through performing
frequent calibrations and quality checks.Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience w/Agilent, Shimadzu or Perkin Elmer
- Experience creating scientific methods.
- Trace analysis of contaminants.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting and performing maintenance
on instruments. About Aerotek:We know that a company's success
starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's
success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of
Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused
approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding
careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown
to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more
than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees
serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every
year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in
talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.The company is an equal
opportunity employer and will consider all applications without
regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin,
veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Skokie , Chemist, Other , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!