Company: Esquire Recruiting, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Corporate Researcher-Paralegal M & A - Investment Firm - Skokie,
IL Our fast-growing financial and investment company with a unique
business model is hiring an experienced Corporate M & A
Paralegal/Legal Research Specialist. The firm's entrepreneurial
environment offers team members the ability to learn, grow, and
have a meaningful impact every day. The Corporate M&A
Paralegal/Legal Research Specialist will assist the Legal
Department with corporate merger and acquisition research and
document management, as well as other tasks related to our asset
acquisitions. Client is offering a very competitive salary,
flexible remote schedule, excellent benefits, and bonus.Send
resumes to Laura McDermott: email@example.com
- Research corporate, limited liability company, and partnership
formations, amendments, conversions, mergers, qualifications,
dissolutions, and withdrawals.
- Order, analyze, and summarize status reports, corporate
filings, good standing certificates and charter documents, officer
consents and resolutions, and lien histories from Secretary of
State offices, EDGAR, state agencies, and other corporate service
- Manage and organize large lists of company subsidiaries,
affiliates, and predecessors, and related corporate documents.
- Assist with preparation of purchase agreements and related
- Proofread documents for consistency, accuracy, and
- Prepare spreadsheets of historical corporate transactions,
including name and officer changes, mergers, conversions,
dissolutions, and acquisitions.
- Perform electronic research using internet-based research
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to manage and take ownership of numerous tasks
simultaneously and maintain organized files, both hardcopy and
electronic, for easy filing and retrieval.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, with a high degree of
accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong decision-making, interpersonal and communication
- Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and balance changing
work priorities, workflow and work assignments in a fast-paced
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Ability to problem solve, work autonomously, think
independently and tackle projects with minimal supervision while
maintaining timely and efficient organization.
- High level of proficiency with technology and information
management tools, including Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Adobe PDF.
- Proficiency with electronic research tools, including Secretary
of State databases, UCC and lien databases, Edgar, and other
internet based corporate databases.
- Ability to learn and work with internal, proprietary
- Bachelor's Degree or Paralegal Certificate from an ABA approved
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a law firm's corporate
practice or at an in-house corporate legal department.
- We have a well-defined mission and strongly held core beliefs
and cultural values.
- We promote a workplace where employees can make an impact
beyond financial results.
- We believe in being truly agile in every decision, action, and
- We recruit talented employees who embody a growth mindset and
who are a strong fit for our culture and high-performing
- We value learning and teaching, and we invest in employee
development and growth.
- We foster a collaborative, team-focused, and autonomous work
- Competitive compensation package.
- Free health and dental care benefits.
- Retirement plan with company match.
- Paid time off.
- Hybrid work schedule- 2 days in office
Keywords: Esquire Recruiting, LLC, Skokie , Corporate Researcher-Paralegal, Legal , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!