Dean of Business and Career Technologies - Oakton College
Company: College of Charleston
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Location: Skokie/Des Plaines, IL Category: Administrators Posted
On: Thu Jul 20 2023 Job Description: Characteristic Duties and
Responsibilities: Academic Operations
- Provides educational vision and leadership for the division
- drives department and program efforts at program, curriculum,
and course development and improvement;
- facilitates faculty professional development activities;
- Ensures academic course schedules support student needs and are
fiscally responsible and sustainable.
- Assigns faculty loads.
- Develops and leads the execution of the annual budget for the
division and its departments and programs. Actively pursues
appropriate grant or alternative funding opportunities.
- Individually and as a member of the Council of Deans
participate in proposing, implementing, and interpreting college
policies and procedures with regard to the college's mission, goals
- Participate in the hiring process for faculty and staff.
- Works collaboratively with the Academic Affairs Executive
Assistant/Operations Manager on the standardization and ongoing
management of division office operations. Supporting Students
- Maintains college visibility through regular communication with
students, including new academic term kickoffs, midterm check-ins,
and completion nudges.
- Hosts (randomly selected) students in meetings each
- Provides timely, procedural leadership for students and faculty
members alike in such matters as grade appeals and questions of
academic integrity, and establishes/maintains routine procedures
for dealing with such administrative matters affecting students and
faculty members as grade changes, entry to closed classes, field
- Maintains an open-door environment for students; helps students
resolve issues with faculty Teaching and Learning
- Together with department/program chairs, provide evidence-based
annual program reviews and assessment of teaching and
- Champions the use of evidence-based high impact practices.
- Sets expectations for the incorporation of new technology and
methodology into educational programs, curricula, and the
- Drives the development of new and/or updated courses and
programs in the Division to meet the changing needs of the student
population. Ensures the quality and relevance of the academic
programs and services.
- Using data, leads the division in analysis to determine if
courses/programs should be sunset or withdrawn.
- Create, present, and act upon an annual division status
- Ensures maintenance of appropriate external program
accreditations. Enrollment Management
- Regularly reviews, analyzes, and reports on completion rates of
courses and programs within the Division.
- Using all available partners and resources, personally analyze
enrollment trends, form conclusions, make recommendations for
actions, and execute approved plans. Share findings with faculty
- Demonstrates leadership in supporting the Oakton Experience and
high impact activities such as the Persistence Project. Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion
- Leads division faculty members, department and program chairs,
and classified staff members. Maintains a culture that is both
positive and successful. Sets high expectations and maintains
accountability for student success.
- Demonstrates leadership in the core values of respect,
integrity, collaboration and excellence within the Division and
across the College.
- Adhere to and execute college policies and collective
bargaining agreements. Performs other job-related duties as
assigned Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
- Master's degree in a discipline appropriate to the division is
required; doctorate is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years in an academic environment with at least
three years of academic leadership.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing college needs while
maintaining up-to-date skills.
- Advanced organization, prioritization, and project management
skills required with a drive to move the College's strategic plans
- Intermediate Microsoft Office / Google suite skills required
including documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- A working knowledge of student databases and information
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills with the
ability to interact professionally, confidentially, and courteously
with a wide range of constituents from diverse backgrounds
including the Board, college Administration, faculty/staff,
students, government, and the general public.
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience in leading,
coaching, mentoring, developing, and disciplining people.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus and to
visit off-Campus entities. Work is performed in a general office
environment and is generally sedentary in nature. Little or no
exposure to adverse working conditions. Additional Information:
Supervision received: Administrative supervision received from the
Vice President ofAcademic Affairs Supervision Exercised:
Administrative supervision is exercised over all academic
department chairs and faculty, as well as office staff. Based on
the needs of the college and with Administrator approval, some
positions at the collegemay have hybrid schedule options available
after 30 working days. Oakton is accessible by public
transportation. Hours: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm Salary:
Minimum:$104,975; Midpoint:$139,203; Maximum: $183,954
Keywords: College of Charleston, Skokie , Dean of Business and Career Technologies - Oakton College, IT / Software / Systems , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!