IT Service Operations Manager
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
DRiV Motorparts is a world leader in the international automotive
aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco,
Federal-Mogul and --hlins with 31 of the best known and respected
aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our
colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one
team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most
from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are seeking anIT Service Operations Manager.The IT Service
Operations Manager will be a senior member of the IT team managing
24x7 IT Production Operations team. This role will focus on
maximizing the availability of Tenneco's critical IT applications
and services through the implementation of automation and creation
of self-healing IT services. Starting with Infrastructure and
subsequently expanding scope to include application teams, the IT
operations team is responsible for using analytics to identify
opportunities for improving systems availability, reducing manual
activities and implementing these opportunities through automation.
This role will partner with enterprise tools team, infrastructure
teams, operations leaders, senior leaders and application teams to
champion automation approaches through the enterprise. Evolving
into the future, this group will extend these technologies and
practices to cloud-based services.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role.You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager.We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Lead a global, primary support team which provides 24x7
operations support, responds to incidents & outages, and executes
changes and requests.
- Be responsible for establishing 24x7 primary support service
requirements - shift management, skill set & training requirements,
intake processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provide architectural guidance for corporate-wide monitoring
and alerting across enterprise IT applications and systems.
- Perform ongoing workload & trending analysis to drive out
inefficiencies, reduce overall ticket count & execution times
through automation & process improvement.
- Collaborate with service owners across global IT to understand
primary support requirements, opportunities to enhance services,
reduce outages, improve application/system availability.
- Measure, inform and forecast infrastructure health and overall
- Proactively identify opportunities to eliminate manual,
repetitive processes through automation.
- Provide monthly and quarterly management reports on ticket
trends, service availability and opportunities for continuous
- Establish processes around leveraging operational toolsets to
drive increased service availability and provide optimal response
to system alerts.
- As a hands-on member of the team, assist with writing tools to
automate parts of the monitoring, alerting and self-heal.
- Work with our vendors to leverage emerging advances in machine
learning and AIOps to provide preventative alerts and self-healing
of our environments.
- Using analytics, identify opportunities and work with partner
teams to improve systems availability.
- Continuously review and identify Infrastructure Operations
areas for adoption of new technologies and automation.
- Develop business cases for automation and partner with the
Automation Engineering team to implement them
EDUCATION:4 years university degree in Computer Science,
Engineering, or Mathematics.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in IT Operations Automation &
- 10+ years' experience in IT technical service management and
- 6+ years' experience in leading the delivery of global, 24/7
technical services in a large corporation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of middleware software, office
automation, networking, Wintel / UNIX computing.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with application
delivery, application development, project managers and business
colleagues, delivering effective IT / business solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in delegation, coaching &
development, performance objective setting/reviewing, human
resource planning and organizing global teams.
- Experience working in remote / virtual team and
- ITIL Foundation certification.
- Global perspective and experience is a must.
- Ability to get work done in a matrix organization.
- Interface across the organization with other teams, such as
system operations, infrastructure, Application support and
- Strong operational service management knowledge and skills, and
understanding of IT operations processes and end to end IT
infrastructure components / architecture.
- Analytical demeanor, strong decision-making skills and the
ability to effectively communicate with individuals across all
levels the organization.
- Knowledge and experience working across a geographically and
culturally diverse organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
of the organization.
- Adjust to changing priorities while multitasking
- Design, evaluate and document processes and lead teams in
accomplishing process review and improvement.
- Proficiency in using metrics to measure and model service
delivery and drive continuous improvements.
- Experience in managing third party suppliers.
- Ability to travel globally up to 20%
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , IT Service Operations Manager, IT / Software / Systems , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!