Accounting & Payroll Coordinator CE&T
Company: Oakton Community College
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Continuing Ed, Training and Workforce Development
Sep 28, 2023
Open Until Filled
Full Time Staff
About Oakton College :
For 50 years, Oakton College has been the setting where thousands
begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people
of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations,
Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who
enters its doors.
Hybrid Work Schedules
Paid Winter Break
FRIDAYS OFF during the Summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, manage day-to-day accounting and payroll
activities for the CE&T Division. Ensure accurate and efficient
collection of information and processing of Instructor records and
payroll data. Receive and process all incoming monies for the
Division. Assist the Director of Operations & Administration in
planning, developing and administering the accounting and payroll
operations to ensure maximum effectiveness of the College's
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the processing of bi-weekly payroll;
including review of bi-weekly payroll process queries, labor
redistributions, budget transfers, spreadsheets, and forms.
- Manage, oversee, and verify all incoming cash, checks, and
credit card transactions from Banner Student and Banner Finance
systems, and TouchNet. Prepare and verify bank deposits daily and
record journal entries.
- Responsible for the preparation and issuing of faculty
- Verify all salary authorization information, compute salaries
and calculate supplemental pay.
- Ensure compliance with contracts and standards using relevant
information and individual judgment.
- Responsible for entering data in the Human Resources
Information System related to employees' records. Collect and
process all new instructor paperwork. Process employee changes such
as salary, promotions, etc.
- Oversee, manage, and process SURS certifications, terminations,
and retirements for SURS online. Determine whether instructors meet
- Select, train, evaluate, and manage assigned personnel; prepare
work schedules for assigned employees; assign employee duties and
review work to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with
established policies and procedures; and administer progressive
discipline when warranted.
- Coordinate and provide training to CE & T staff regarding
payroll operation guidelines and appropriate dissemination and
processing of information. Responds to inquiries by telephone, in
written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Manage the activities of Accounts Payable to ensure the orderly
and timely input of data for payment with invoices, approval of
vouchers for payment, balancing of cash, verification of
transactions, resolution of vendor problems, analysis of data,
journal entries, and preparation of final report for the Board.
- Investigate problems with student accounts and work with
Registration & Records, if applicable, to resolve them.
- Research problems and develop solutions and recommend changes
in operations which permeate internal control insuring efficiency
and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Document payroll and accounting procedures and processes.
- Manage and maintain documentation and storage of payroll
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelors degree required in Business, Accounting or related
field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from
which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is
- Three years payroll processing experience is required.
- Two years of supervisory experience is required.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills are
required. Must be able to regularly explain policies, write and
edit reports and coordinate the work of others.
- Requires the ability to mentally attend to and visually
concentrate on a substantial amount of detail work.
- Intermediate word processing and advanced spreadsheet
application skills are required intermediate competencies in the
use of personal computer software including database, macros, and
formula authoring skills are preferable.
- May require lifting of up to 20 pounds.
- Requires ability to travel between Campuses.
- General office work environment. Little or no exposure if any
to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Director of
Operations & Administration.
General supervision is exercised over one full-time staff employee,
one part-time staff and student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval,
some positions at the college may have hybrid schedule options
available after 30 working days.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application.
Oakton College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton College does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age,
marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are
Keywords: Oakton Community College, Skokie , Accounting & Payroll Coordinator CE&T, Human Resources , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!