Posted on: November 17, 2022
* Grocery Clerk (Produce) should review/inspect products for
quality and freshness and take appropriate action with those
* Produce Clerk will gain and maintain knowledge of products sold
within the department and be able to respond to questions and make
suggestions about products.
* Grocery Clerk (Produce) will assist with the preparation produce
* Inform customers of produce specials.
* Grocery Clerk (Produce) recommends fresh produce as well as
non-produce items throughout the store to customers to ensure they
get the products they want and need.
* Adequately prepare, package, label, and inventory
* Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise.
* Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department
* Display a positive attitude.
* Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
* Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained
and temperature logs are maintained.
* Promote trust and respect among associates.
* Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome,
important, and appreciated by answering questions regarding
products sold within the department and throughout the store.
* Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and
identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
* Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment
and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in
need of repair.
* Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
* Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity,
including: robbery, theft or fraud.
* Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position
with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.50 - $16.35 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
All associates are encouraged to wear masks and surfaces are
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Skokie, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Mariano's, Skokie , Produce Clerk, Hospitality & Tourism , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!