Registered Nurse - Oakton College - Med Surg
Company: Oakton Community College
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Registered Nurse - Oakton CollegeJob Description:
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, provide health and emergency services as
well as psycho-educational programing for students and employees of
Oakton College. Approve and maintain records regarding student
health career field placements.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide nursing care to students and employees within the
limitations of the Medical Consultant guidelines including health
maintenance with the emphasis on preventive care.
* Provide emergency care both within and outside the Health
* Assess and document medical conditions according to specific
* Maintain infection control principles with the proper disposal of
blood borne pathogen waste.
* Demonstrate knowledge of the conditions most commonly encountered
and seek assistance when unfamiliar with a patient's diagnosis or
plan of care.
* Administer medication per Medical Consultant's standing orders
and be aware of and practice standards of care.
* Perform diagnostic testing per Medical Consultant's standing
orders and follow-up with prescribed treatment or referral.
* Educate Allied Health Career students regarding their health
requirements and review medical records necessary for medical
* Maintain confidentiality of health records and all personal
health information set forth in Federal and State laws and
* Maintain inventory of medications, supplies, equipment and office
* Develop and participate in campus-wide health and wellness
education events in collaboration with larger wellness
* Be cross-trained and oriented to the tasks and functions of both
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
* Current Illinois Registered Nurse licensure.
* Four years nursing experience and background in public health,
school nursing and/or acute care is required.
* Active employment in the nursing field within the last five years
or a certificate in a registered nurse refresher course.
* Bachelor's degree is desirable.
Functional Supervision is received from the Manager of Health
Functional supervision is exercised on nurse and student
HOURS: Monday - Thursday 8:45 am - 3:00 pm (25 Hours Per Week)
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select
the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of,
at least, three (3) professional references with contact
information prepared to submit with your application.
Oakton College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution, committed to employing competent, qualified
individuals. Oakton College does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age,
marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or
gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and
participation in its educational programs, college activities and
services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without
notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are
Keywords: Oakton Community College, Skokie , Registered Nurse - Oakton College - Med Surg, Healthcare , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!