Clinical Referral Coordinator
Company: Legacy Healthcare
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Legacy Healthcare - Legacy Healthcare has an exciting
opportunity for a Clinical Referral Coordinator! Are you a
Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with
Skilled Nursing experience who is looking to transition from
bedside to a corporate business setting? -We have a great
opportunity to utilize your clinical skills in our corporate
office. - We offer scheduling flexibility with Hybrid/remote days
We offer great benefits and a collaborative corporate culture. -
- Competitive wages.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Internal growth opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- 401K with employer match.
- Employee concierge program.
- And more!
-The Central Intake Model aims to standardize the process of
converting referrals into admissions through effective and
efficient clinical and financial referral review. The Clinical
Referral Coordinator assists referring agencies with patient
placement through ensuring all pre-admission verifications and
paperwork have been completed as well as assisting in the smooth
transition of patients from hospital to facility. This is performed
through excellent communication with facility staff and referring
- - - - - - - Under the supervision of Corporate Director of
Admissions and Clinical Director of Referral Management, assumes
the responsibility for clinical and financial referral review.
- - - - - - - Initiates contact with referral source or liaison to
obtain all necessary clinical information to assess for clinical
appropriateness of all referrals.
- - - - - - - Collaborates with Clinical Leadership or building
Clinical Administration for clinically complex referrals.
- - - - - - - Coordinates with the Business Development Team for
on-site assessments when deemed necessary.
- - - - - - - Inputs all referrals into CRM in a timely and
- - - - - - - Completes all financial verifications to confirm
health insurance benefits, coverage, and identify the
primary/secondary payers in CRM.
- - - - - - - Identifies Medicaid Pending and Private payers and
request for further documentation and review from the Medicaid
- - - - - - - Understands the Managed Care process and
authorization requirements. Initiates communication with Legacy
Case Managers for benefits and payers requiring authorization prior
- - - - - - - Runs background checks for criminal and sex offenders
to identify any possible offenders.
- - - - - - - Facilitates communication with referral source,
Business Development Team, facility staff in a timely manner on the
acceptance or denial of all referrals.
- - - - - - - Ensures all relevant information regarding patient
admission is communicated to facility. Ex. Diagnosis, special
needs, dialysis, transportation, medical equipment, etc.
- - - - - - - Completes Referral/Bedhold Log daily to reflect all
referral activity and updates.
- - - - - - - Creates patient profiles in electronic medical record
for new admissions and updates existing profiles for bedholds.
- - - - - - - Generates initial census line and payer tree for new
- - - - - - - Maintains professional communication with all
interactions including amongst team members, facility staff,
organizational leadership, referral sources, etc.
- - - - - - - Organizes and updates Forecast on a daily basis for
external team members accessibility.
Qualifications and Experience
- - - - - - - Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- - - - - - - At least 2 years of prior SNF experience as an RN or
LPN and unencumbered State of Illinois RN or LPN license. - -
- - - - - - - High level of PC literacy preferred (Microsoft Word,
- - - - - - - Preferred experience with Point Click Care
- - - - - - - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - - - - - - Team oriented, analytical, and ability to
- - - - - - - Basic knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid/Managed Care
Expected Hours of Work
- - - - - - - This position is part of the Legacy Referral
Management Department that runs 7 days a week from 7am-7pm. Weekend
and Holiday work will be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for their job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: Legacy Healthcare, Skokie , Clinical Referral Coordinator, Healthcare , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!