Chronic Care Manager-Registered Nurse
Company: Open Arms Solutions
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Overview:Discover the difference you can make with a rewarding
job that provides a sense of accomplishment and gratification,
knowing you will majorly impact our company's success!Open Arms
Solutions is an award-winning agency that is licensed, bonded, and
insured. We are driven by our mission to provide Home Services
(personal care, companionship, daily living assistance) and Home
Nursing serviced to aging, ill, or recovering clients allowing them
to get home sooner and stay home longer. We are passionate about
bringing joy, independence, and peace of mind to Seniors and their
families. We are also passionate about hiring team members who live
our core values of Compassion, Positivity, teamwork, going above
and beyond, and Doing the Right Thing.
Why work for Open Arms? We offer you as an employee:
- Best in Class Training
- Professional Development
- Group Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term
- Employee Referral Program
- Holiday pay and PTO
- Competitive wages
- Direct Deposit
- 401K ProgramResponsibilities:This position will be responsible
overall for conducting assessments, writing care plans, and for
managing the care of our Clients with Chronic Conditions including
Parkinson's Disease & other Chronic Conditions. Provide staff
within service training and education specific to Client care. The
RN will also be working collaboratively with the other members of
the Care Team (Caregivers and Care Coordinators), perform
supervisory visits per the regulatory requirements, and monitor for
change of conditions with the assistance of the Care Coordinator
and Caregiver Team. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable
Calling on and building Relationships with Referral Partners and be
part of a team making CEU Presentations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS and TASKS:
- Builds strong relationships with Caregivers, Care Coordinators,
and Clients/Families and select Referral Sources.
- Ability to manage Clients with chronic diseases & coordinate a
Client's care needs using a case management approach. With an
awareness of resources in the Client's geographical area (support
groups, exercise classes, etc.)
- Provides direct Client care when needed.
- Accountable for Caregiver oversight, supervision, and
documentation of all supervisory visits.
- Complete assessment prior to admission of potential Client to
assure that their needs will be met.
- Perform supervisory visits every x days per the regulatory
requirements.Write Care Plan
- Write & document initial care plan.
- Review & revise care plan as needed.
- Appropriately maintains Client's charts & nursing notes, as
- Assures compliance with company & IDPH regulations.
- Reconcile medication orders issued by duty licensed prescribing
practitioners for Clients.
- Completes weekly medication box fill for medication
administration by non-nursing staff. Place medications in the
designated weekly medication cassette for each day and time
specified on the Physician Order & Care Plan.
- Maintain medications securely in Client's medication cassettes
& storage boxes.
- Place refill orders with pharmacies and arrange for delivery of
medications. Complete follow ups when needed to ensure all
medication are received on time prior to next weekly fill,
maintaining a sufficient quantity of the Client's medications.
- Communicate & document record of medication orders, medication
refills & deliveries accurately accordingly to company
- Educate Care Team, Clients and their families concerning the
importance of 'pills on time' for Parkinson's medications.
- Educate Care Team, Clients and their families concerning
potential side effects & adverse effects of medications.
- Communicate with Care Team, Clients and their families
regarding any medication concerns.
- Notify the physician of the occurrence of side effects, adverse
effects, and/or allergic reactions.
- Perform in-depth Nursing Assessments.
Monitor Changes in Condition & Confer with the Inter-Disciplinary
- Educate & Support the Care Team regarding how to monitor for &
identify a change of condition.
- Effectively communicate with Inter-Disciplinary Clinical Team
regarding change of and make referrals when needed.
Manage Care Team - Both Internal and External to OAS
- Regular communication with OAS Care Team (Care Coordinators and
Caregivers), checking for changes in condition.
- Provide Education and Training when needed.
- Regular communication to Physicians, other clinical personal
(PT/OT/SP), and Social Workers. Make referrals as needed.
- Struthers Parkinson's Care Network
- Must be registered and licensed with the State of Illinois as
an RN, and must maintain current and unrestricted licensure.
- Must have a valid driver's license, if needed to drive.
- At least 2 - 3 years' experience as a Nurse in a Home Care or
- Knowledge of and success with quality programs in a health care
- Experience in maintaining clinical records in compliance with
- Possess leadership/supervisory skills.
- Strong analytical, problem resolution, and decision-making
skills coupled with a results orientation.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and
Keywords: Open Arms Solutions, Skokie , Chronic Care Manager-Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!