Company: NES Fircroft
Posted on: March 20, 2023
New Perm Opportunity Project Director (Engineering)
NES is actively seeking highly experienced Engineering Project
Directors for a permanent opportunity with one of our renewables
clients based out IL This is a permanent role with our client, and
the position would have significant work-from-home opportunities
and are open to seeing candidates across multiple locations. This
would be a senior-level role, with our client seeking candidates
with 15-20 years of experience with full lifecycle project
management from pre-design through commissioning.
All interested candidates are encouraged to send resumes directly
to along with their availability.
- Total project accountability for the successful execution of
build, own, & operate projects with a "safety first" culture
throughout the entire scope of the project.
- Develops project execution concept & subcontracting
- Directs complex engineering projects requiring global resources
and multiple partners.
- Takes an active role in the development of contracts necessary
for the project.
- Complete responsibility for project performance to meet
schedule and budget.
- Direct management of project team and corporate functions
(including engineering, procurement, legal, services, vendors,
subcontractors, and owner's engineer).
- Direct interface with client and / or project sponsors
- Communicate project status to senior management and
stakeholders with regular project updates, identify issues that
could impact project performance, and lead the corrective action
effort to put solutions and resolutions into place.
Specific Job Function & Major Activities:
- Leadership role for developing and implementing project
execution and quality plans
- Develop organizational structure, staffing requirements, and
deployment of personnel
- Work with the business and sales support to develop proposal
and project charter.
- Develop project schedule with critical milestones and track
against actual progress and recommend changes required to keep
project on target
- Set-up project goals and maintain project controls utilizing
established internal reporting procedures in order to keep project
- Manage project staff, schedule and conduct status meetings and
document action items
- Manage project scope changes and required change orders with
vendors and subcontractors
- Directly interface with contractors including EPC and owner's
- Directly interface with local officials and other government
agencies to obtain necessary permits
- Conducts risk assessment to identify potential major project
- Assist business leadership with negotiating and closing
contracts with key customers and partners for items such as site
purchase or lease, feedstock supply, product offtake, and required
- Continuously develop, improve, and maintain engineering tools
and project templates
- Lead efforts to improve the company's global work processes,
costs, and execution schedules
- Develop and retain internal talent through coaching,
mentorship, and performance development plans
- Maintain a continuous improvement mindset, looking for
productivity gains through project closeout meetings and document
lessons learned for future projects.
- Leads on resolution of warranty claims and performance
- Leads in documenting project reports including lessons learnt
- Travels internationally to support execution of customer
projects and start-up servicesBasic Qualifications:
- 4 yr. Engineering degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or related
Engineering (MBA is a plus)
- Minimum 20 years of professional experience comprised of
project execution and supporting plant operations in addition to
capital project development and management
- Proven experience as a project manager or project director for
large capital projects (> $200MM)
- Experience of leading projects through all stages from initial
conception through to final commissioning, start-up and
- Experience of managing globally dispersed project teams
- Experience managing the award and execution of large EPC and
- Strong leadership, organizational, and multi-tasking
- Aggressive risk management approach; ability to anticipate
problems before they impact project schedule and budget
- Ability to build and lead a diverse team and operate in a fast
paced, global, entrepreneurial environment is key
- Ability to gather data, set priorities, and meet deadlines /
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player mentality
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and
- A valid passport is requiredWhat will put you ahead:
- Experience with the design and build of a "grass roots"
greenfield or brownfield plant in the refinery, chemical, or
renewable energy industry (site selection and permitting through
start up and operation)
- Strong feasibility, FEED stage, EPC construction phase through
Startup and Commissioning phaseWork Conditions:
- The role will be based at the Skokie IL, USA office, however
candidates will be traveling to several different clients locations
and project sites. Estimated travel to be 50% work from home, 50%
- The Project Director will be expected to travel frequently to
the offices of engineering contractors and key project stake
- During the construction and commissioning phases of the project
the Project Director shall have a significant presence at the Job
site.With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is
proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider
spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life
Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With
more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our
clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need,
wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more
than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything
from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading
benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and
compliantly able to support our clients.
Keywords: NES Fircroft, Skokie , Project Director, Executive , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...