Director Billing Services
Company: LifeScan Labs
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Description:The Director, Billing Services oversees the
day-to-day operations of client billing, patient registration,
order entry and billing for Lifescan Labs. The Director manages the
overall policies, objectives, and projects for revenue cycle
billing functions including direct management and oversight of the
internal team and outsourced billing related activities.
The Director, coordinates and implements processes and procedures
affecting areas of oversight including claims clearinghouse,
clearinghouse projects, software use, and claims analyses to ensure
the revenue cycle is effective and efficient.
The Director strives to optimize staff performance through
technology, process automation, standard operating procedure
implementation, and internal controls. Partnering with the Sales
and Operations Teams evaluates and optimizes processes to improve
the client experience, enhance operational efficiencies, and drive
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides daily overall management and direction to the client
services and billing team for Lifescan Labs. Monitors staffing
levels and staffs appropriately in all operational areas to avoid
disruption to daily operations.
- Seeks opportunity to automate processes through program
development and scripting to reduce volume of manual work.
- Collaborates with programming consultant on automation,
testing, and refining of automated processes. Prepares and trains
team to ensure readiness of process changes.
- Manages the Open Accession Reporting project to produce timely
bi-weekly reports for all clients. Assures reports are available
and ready for Account Managers. Responds timely to all ad hoc
report requests needed to manage collection of client employee's
- Develops protocols for client services to monitor accuracy of
client invoices and timelines to follow up on unpaid invoices.
- Partners with Director Accounts Receivable and Cash Application
to ensure appropriate claims are transferred to client timely.
- Oversees the census process for timely and accurate Part A
client billing and Part B claims submissions. Develops automated
processes to manage census downloads and registration throughout
- Continually monitors order entry errors, volume, and aging by
utilizing and analyzing system reports. Develops action plans to
disseminate work and modify distribution of work to ensure all
accessions and edits are worked timely.
- Actively follows up with Supervisors to prioritize and
re-prioritize work based on order entry edits and daily inventory
- Oversees weekly generating weekly prioritized work lists for
- Partners with Account Managers to collect employee demographic
and insurance information for claims processing. Develops workflow
to transfer available information to the outsource team for data
input. Oversees and monitors the timeliness of keyed registration
- Oversees mileage processes for invoicing clients and claims
submission ensuring automation and utilization of system
technology. Partners with lab operations to provide required
oversight for missing route information. Follows up timely with
supervisors to obtain required billing information.
- Develops, implements, and revises standard operating procedures
for all functional areas of responsibility. -
- Partners with the Training Team to develop department
- Maintains knowledge of and ensures compliance with state and
federal laws, regulations for Medicare, Medicare Advantage,
Medicaid, managed care and other third party payers.
- Schedules and leads weekly business review meetings with the
offshore team to assess performance and review key performance
metrics. Adjusts staffing and/or workflow aligned with business
need to ensure timely billing throughput.
- Documents and maintains current workflows, policies, standard
operating procedures, and department training material.
- Assists IT with testing new features and functions in the
practice management system. Develops training material and trains
staff members on new revenue cycle system implementations in
collaboration with It Project Managers.
- Identifies and executes key performance indicators to assess
the effectiveness and efficiency of the revenue cycle billing and
- Develops and implements productivity and quality key
performance indicators. -
- Continually assesses volume and aging to maintain appropriate
- Performs quality audits, identifies opportunities, provides
feedback, implements training and/or action plans to improve
accuracy and meet production/patient satisfaction targets.
- Coaches, develops and mentors client services, revenue cycle
billing, and offshore team members. Performs on-the-job training to
increase direct reports skill sets.
- Remains current with trends, regulatory requirements, and
business strategies related to the payer relations and revenue
- Operates in compliance with all local, state, and Federal laws
as well as policy and compliance standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare, business, finance, or a
related field required.
- Master's degree in healthcare, business, or related field
- 7+ years-experience in revenue cycle, billing or patient
financial services at a healthcare provider or medical group
utilizing the CMS1500 claim form.
- Manages local and offshore team members -
RequirementsKey Job Competencies:
- Microsoft Office skills - Proficiency with Excel, Power Point,
Word, and Visio.
- Exceptional detail orientation, critical thinking, analytical,
and problem-solving skills.
- Revenue cycle system integration and project management.
- Ability to manage large claim volumes and appropriate staffing
- Expertise in government, commercial, third party payer billing
guidelines, claim requirements, and claim submission
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD coding systems.
- Ability to collaborate and work cohesively as part of a
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing with all levels
of the organization and an offshore team.
- Customer service client first aptitude.
- Receptive to receiving and providing thoughtful productive
Keywords: LifeScan Labs, Skokie , Director Billing Services, Executive , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!