National Director of Market Research
Company: Alera Group
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Alera Group is seeking a National Director of Market Research
position to join their team!Are you looking to be part of a company
where you have exciting opportunities to learn, grow and make a
positive impact?Join a team where each employee is empowered to
listen generously, speak straight, collaborate, and build each
other up through mutual accountability and shared success?If that
is what you're looking for, this is your chance to be part of an
amazing organization!Alera Group is an independent, national
insurance and financial services firm created through the merger of
like-minded, high-performing, entrepreneurial firms across the
United States. Why work with Alera Group? Because we provide the
best of both worlds - national scope combined with local service.
Our mission is to transform the client experience by providing a
greater depth and breadth of resources, innovative thinking, and
constant collaboration while maintaining strong local
The National Director of Market Research oversees all research
efforts and is the point person for Alera firms and clients. This
position manages Alera's annual Healthcare & EB Benefits
Benchmarking Survey as well as applicable pulse, carrier, Centers
of Excellence, post-webinar, and client specific surveys.
- Provide leadership to support Alera research and benchmarking
strategy to bolster Alera's brand and research capabilities, expand
competitive footprint, and continuously improve on survey
workstream; publish thought leadership content; and identify
opportunities for differentiation
- Establish Alera's Research and Benchmarking team to deliver on
existing projects as well as optimize opportunities for growth
- Scope projects, lead and manage workstreams, and partner with
stakeholders to drive successful outcomes
- Manage internal direct reports and external resources
- Direct various analyses, including market analysis, internal
capability assessment, competitor intelligence, customer research,
and product assessmentResponsibilities Core Functions
- Develop, track and maintain an Employee Benefits research and
- Work closely with a partner firm.
- Work closely with marketing for both survey outreach as well as
- Provide regular reporting to National Practice Leader and
- Communicate key metrics to partner firms by providing regular
dashboards to aid firms in the development of meeting target
- Build proactive data validation automation to catch data
- Develop and provide reports and summaries of all surveys and
research in an easy-to-understand format or formats for both
internal, external, and client use.
- Survey design and questionnaire development.
- Survey programming and testing.
- Distribution and data collection management.
- Analysis and reporting, leveraging data analytics and business
- Dashboard/benchmarking tool development.
- Maintain dashboard data and benchmarking tool.
- Lead development of webinar materials, presentations, and
- Onboard new Alera firms.
- Oversee content for the Benefits Benchmarking page on
- Develop, lead and maintain a vendor tracking, oversight &
management process to include current and new research, analytics,
and reporting/output vendor relationships.
- Coordinate with Impact and COE groups.
- Coordinate with Legal to manage the contracting phase.
- Spearhead annual vendor stewardship reporting.Winning
Behaviors, Competencies, and Skills
- Collaborative approach to their role and responsibilities.
- Driven to create success for clients, colleagues, shareholders,
and the organization.
- Honor commitments made to clients, colleagues, vendors, and
- Operates at a high ethical level in all dealings with clients,
colleagues, vendors, and shareholders.
- Listens generously to colleagues when making decisions and
- Speaks straightforwardly and professionally to colleagues,
candidates, clients, and vendors.
- Be available and supportive of colleagues and clients.
- Acknowledge and recognize the efforts of others through
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the use and analysis of
data to recognize trends and support business decisions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with Qualtrics Core XM and CX Dashboards.
- Thorough understanding of industry and regulations.
- Works collaboratively and supportively with Alera Group firms,
managing partners, and business partners.
- Knowledgeable and active user of industry technology.
- Ability to synthesize analysis and research into strategic
insights and practical recommendations, including strategic
analysis, financial analysis, operational analysis, primary and
secondary research, and quantitative and qualitative
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in marketing, business,
finance, accounting, or related emphasis.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work with multiple databases.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
analyze and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention
to detail and accuracy.
- 3-6 years of experience in the insurance, professional
services, consulting, pharmaceutical, or health care provider
industries.Equal Opportunity Employment We're an equal opportunity
employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.If you're a
California resident, please read the California Consumer Privacy
Act prior to applying.#pandoIQ
Keywords: Alera Group, Skokie , National Director of Market Research, Executive , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!