Company: Housing Opportunity Development Corporation
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Housing Opportunity Development Corporation is a community-based
nonprofit affordable housing developer whose mission is to develop,
preserve and manage affordable housing for low and moderate income
households primarily in Chicago's northern suburbs. Founded in
1983, HODC manages a growing portfolio of over 20 affordable rental
properties with over 500 units.Position: HODC is seeking an
experienced Facilities Manager to be responsible for our portfolio
of rental buildings in the northern suburbs. This includes managing
maintenance and janitorial staff and outside contractors as well as
overseeing construction and rehabilitation projects.Basic
Functions: This is a highly responsible managerial position that
includes staff supervision and team building, managing all building
operations, overseeing construction and capital improvement
projects, and providing agency leadership. This staff person is
expected to have a hands-on role in the overall operations of all
buildings as well as dealing with administrative functions.
Candidates must have previous supervisory experience and a strong
working knowledge of building systems, such as mechanical,
electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.Building Operations:
- Supervises maintenance and janitorial employees responsible for
- Manages and coordinates the activities of maintenance staff
including determining work requirements and schedules,
collaborating on solutions, assigning duties, and reviewing and
- Coordinates building upkeep and operations including repairs,
maintenance, cleaning, and safety and security.
- Acts as primary point of contact for building operations and
- Conducts regular inspections of all buildings (i.e., cleaning,
security) and equipment (i.e., HVAC units) in compliance with HUD,
IHDA and local requirements.
- Leads preparation for REAC inspections.
- Establishes and ensures implementation of a preventive
maintenance schedule for buildings and equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs as needed.Project
- Solicits and selects vendors and reviews contracts for building
maintenance and repairs.
- Creates and oversees a building capital improvement
- Oversees new construction and renovation projects on our behalf
- Reviews all change orders and ensures projects are proceeding
in an efficient manner.
- Oversees project close-out to ensure receipt of warranties,
operation and maintenance manuals and project drawings.Related
- Leads the maintenance department, mentors staff, builds
teamwork, conducts performance appraisals, enforces disciplinary
procedures, and conducts department onboarding.
- Develops, implements and manages staff training programs in
safety and compliance, ensuring staff are educated and informed,
and provides assistance and guidance.
- Assists in creating building budgets and manages activities to
- Develops and monitors an energy conservation program for all
- Ensures availability of supplies needed to maintain buildings
- Other duties as required to ensure safe, secure and desirable
- Five years progressively responsible managerial work in
facility management, building maintenance, construction project
management, or related field.
- Bachelor's degree facilities management, building construction
or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of concepts, methods and techniques of building
maintenance, construction and building operating systems including
electrical, mechanical, HVAC systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to maintain professional working
relationships with management, staff, contractors, vendors, and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills including the ability to be
resourceful in defining solutions.
- Strong decision-making skills including demonstrated good
judgment and common sense.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and maintain
- Attention to detail, thorough and effective
- Strong organization skills & time management skills and an
attitude to solve problems.
- Able to respond to emergencies after business hours and on
weekends as needed.
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Computer proficiency (specifically in MS-Word, Excel, and
Outlook) --- - - - - - - - -Car and valid driver's licenseSalary:
-Commensurate with experience
Keywords: Housing Opportunity Development Corporation, Skokie , Facilities Manager, Executive , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!