National Director, IT
Company: Covenant Living
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Covid-19 Update: We're working hard to protect our employees in
these uncertain times. Learn more Location Skokie, Illinois, United
States of America Category Administrative Job Id R0010042-2021 We
Are Inspired to Serve. Join us! The National Director of
Information Technology is responsible for the organization's
internal and external facing technology solutions supporting
residents and other lines of businesses. This role will be
reporting to the Senior Vice President of Enterprise and Chief
Responsibilities include recommending, defining, planning, and
executing technology strategy; overseeing product development
including the design, development, testing, and deployment of
internal and external facing software solutions; and managing
Helpdesk and Technical Support for all solutions deployed across
our communities, services entities and corporate office. This
position will work in partnership with the business to build a
strategy and roadmap that will support future growth and
initiatives for the organization while providing value while
improving profitability, cost effectiveness, quality,
functionality, maintainability and extensibility.
This individual will contribute to and implement the IT strategic
roadmap. They will lead all aspects of corporate applications,
infrastructure, integrations and technology support.Strategic
Planning and Execution
- Recommend, define, plan, and execute Covenant Livings
- Proactively contribute to organizational strategic plan and
goals through systems optimization.Continuous Improvement and
- Identify and lead optimization efficiencies integrating health
care applications, equipment, vendors, archiving systems and
- Manage support and maintenance of existing infrastructure and
- Ensure the availability, performance, security, and
recoverability of the company's software solutions, and
- Recommend and approve technology related purchases.
- Planning, procurement and management of technology budget.Staff
- Manage Helpdesk, Field and technical support for company
infrastructure and software solutions.
- Manage information technology staff members and disciplines
including, Database, Systems, Applications, and Network
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and service providers for
maintaining current systems and when installing new
- Manage relationships with technology partners.EDUCATION AND
WORK EXPERIENCE:Required Degree: Bachelor's Degree in Computer
SciencePreferred Degree: Master's Degree is desired, or equivalent
combination of education and experienceExperience:
- 10+ years' demonstrated experience with IT systems and software
development at a senior level.
- Knowledge in networking background, Citrix, VMware, Hitachi SAN
experience and WAN environment.
- Experience supporting a multi-location IT environment.
- Project management experience with multi-site infrastructure
leading teams through implementations.
- Strong analytical skills and track record of developing IT
strategies and models for business growth.
- Highly effective leadership profile to develop and coach high
performance teams with organizational clarity, accountability, and
engagement consistent with organization culture and values.
- Experience in change management in multi-site--health care IT
environment.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration skills across
multiple disciplines and levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to
communicate technical concepts clearly to non-technical
- Ability to formulate technical strategy based upon business
goals and technology trends.
- Ability to translate business concepts into computer software
systems including the ability to understand and define business
requirements, select appropriate architectures, design effective
software solutions, and review technical assets for best
- Ability to think strategically about technology and how to
incorporate it into the business units and processes to increase
efficiencies. Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use
and application of the most current technologies and products used
in the industry.
- Ability to drive organizational change and lead IT
transformational initiatives in a complex and dynamic environment,
utilizing project management techniques.
- Ability to clearly communicate strategic vision to executive
- Ability to manage technical teams to deliver software projects
on-time, on-budget, and with good quality.
- Ability to collaborate with employees and customers at all
- Ability to manage technology needs and develop technology
roadmaps spanning across multiple locations.
- Ability to work through technical vendors to make best
practices system architecture and system performance decisions for
demanding, fast moving, high expectations work environment.
- Ability to manage dispersed, multi-site including (e.g.
electronic medical records (EMR/EHR), pharmacy, , Data Center, VPN
- High focus on internal user satisfaction and uninterrupted
service.For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits
package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing
- Pet InsuranceFor more information about Covenant Living and
CovenantCare at Home, please visit www.covliving.org or
www.covenantcareathome.org . Covenant Living and CovenantCare at
Home--are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic
information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws,
regulations, or ordinances. Email this job to: Share this job
Get notified for similar jobs You'll receive updates once a week
Enter Email address Get tailored job recommendations based on your
interests. How would you rate your experience popup 5700 Old
Orchard Rd . Skokie, IL 60077-1036 Phone: 877-820-7522 Imagine a
career where you can truly make a difference, and where each day
you see that difference for yourself - whether it be in the smile
of a resident, in the improvement of a rehab patient, or in the
gratitude of a visiting family member. As a Covenant Living
employee, enjoy flexible shifts and development opportunities, a
caring community of team members, and security in knowing you're a
part of a stable, growing organization in a thriving industry. With
a welcoming culture, supportive benefits, and stability for the
future, Covenant Living is not only a home for our residents - it
is a home for our employees.
Keywords: Covenant Living, Skokie , National Director, IT, Executive , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!