Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Job Description - Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
(76075) Job Description Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion -
( 76075 ) NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a
premier integrated healthcare delivery system consistently ranked
as a Top 15 Teaching Hospital in the U.S. Headquartered in
Evanston, IL, NorthShore is comprised of six hospitals - Evanston,
Glenbrook, Highland Park, Skokie, Swedish, and Northwest Community.
The system also includes multispecialty physician practice
comprised of over 3,000 physicians serving patients at 140
locations across Chicagoland. NorthShore has an established
reputation in healthcare and employs over 13,000 people.-- Position
The Director of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion is responsible for
leading NorthShore's diversity, equity, & inclusion (DE&I)
strategy and guiding the design and development of cross functional
programs, resources and communications. This is a new and exciting
role leading our efforts to create a more inclusive environment
where all our team members and patients feel seen, heard, and
valued. As a leading healthcare organization, compassion and
connecting to others is at our core, and we are excited to be on
this journey to be a leader in being a truly diverse and inclusive
healthcare system. This role reports directly to the VP for Talent
Management and Organization Development, and is a key member of the
HR Leadership team, and a trusted advisor to NorthShore's executive
leaders, building a culture of greater equity and belonging across
- Serve as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to the
NorthShore leadership team who are championing DE&I, to advance
their ability to lead authentically and intentionally along this
- Drive and evolve NorthShore's DE&I strategy in partnership
with NorthShore operational leaders to achieve measurable impact in
areas such recruitment, engagement, leadership development that
advances our overall culture of inclusion.
- Lead the engagement and facilitation of the DE&I advisory
team(s) and determine the long-term approach to listening to and
engaging team members.
- Evaluate DE&I strategy and progress through a data driven
approach; utilize data to help inform priorities and measure the
effectiveness of programs and initiatives
- Conduct research and benchmarking analysis, including
monitoring and reporting on DE&I topics, identifying best
practices, and making recommendations for strategies and solutions
that advance DE&I at NorthShore.
- Develop multi-functional programs and initiatives in
partnership with other members of the HR team, (e.g., HR business
partners, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards) to build sustainable
solutions for long term impact.
- Lead the development and launch of Affinity Groups aligned to
NorthShore's DE&I strategy, with a focus on connection,
education, and community engagement.
- Collaborate with learning and development to develop a DE&I
education curriculum and programs to educate team members,
including physicians, nurses, and residents about implicit bias in
healthcare and actions to create more inclusive care teams.
- Provide leadership to newly formed DE&I councils, and work
closely with leaders in Health Equity who are driving more
equitable access and care for our patients.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to develop strategies and
programs for diverse outreach, hiring and internship programs to
strengthen the pipeline of diverse talent in healthcare.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to implement and sustain diverse
sourcing programs and initiatives.
- Partner with strategic communications to celebrate the
diversity of our people across NorthShore, and communicate and
bring visibility to DE&I programs and impact across the
- Partner with community affairs to build and sustain community
partnerships to support DE&I initiatives and
- Engage, coach, and support team members across the organization
on DE&I to advance understanding and inclusive behaviors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Psychology, Sociology,
Diversity & Inclusion, Organizational Development, Organizational
Behavior, Human Resources, or related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience leading diversity, equity,
and inclusion efforts across various areas
- Drive and patience to make early progress and the need to
sustain the effort over the long haul
- Demonstrate organizational acumen and the ability to work with
and influence others toward a common goal
- Experience developing and facilitating different educational
models and measure efficacy
- Experience designing and developing DE&I programs (e.g.,
affinity groups, mentoring, internship programs)
- Exceptional listening and communications skills
- Experience in sourcing, vetting, and managing external vendors
- Can manage work effectively and demonstrates strong project
management capabilities to take ideas to solutions
- Ability to bring authentic personal experience to bear as well
as ability to be open to others' unique experiences
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better
understand how NorthShore continually achieves high quality and
professionalism. Also, visit our careers page
(www.northshore.org/careers) to learn why we're consistently
recognized as a top employer in Chicagoland. NorthShore University
HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the
main career page for more information. EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual
Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National
Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Skokie , Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Executive , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!