Director, IT-Business Applications
Company: Chamberlain University
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Adtalem Global Education - Career Opportunities - Director,
IT-Business Applications in Chicago, Illinois - Careers at Adtalem
Global Education Skip to main content Utility (Contrast
- Contrast Utility Social
- Join the Conversation
- YouTube Search MegaMenu Footer Social Media Navigation
- Join the Conversation
- YouTube Footer Nav
- About Us
- About Us
- Board of Directors
- Organizational Governance
- Contact Us
- Institutions & Companies
- Institutions & Companies
- Where We Are
- Press Releases
- Media Resources
- Media Inquiries
- Community Engagement
- Investor Relations
- Organization Profile
- Stock Information
- SEC Filings
- Annual Reports
- Event Calendar
- Culture and Values
- Hiring Process
- Diversity The trademarks / service marks used herein are owned
by Adtalem Global Education or one of its subsidiaries / divisions.
- Contact Us
- Social Media Adtalem Global Education - Career Opportunities -
Director, IT-Business Applications in Chicago, Illinois - Careers
at Adtalem Global Education Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the
personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply
for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Manage my profile Log back in!
Director, IT-Business Applications Location US-IL-Chicago Job ID
2021-117501 Institution Adtalem Global Education Department
Information Technology Employment Type Regular Full-Time FLSA
Status U.S. - Exempt Opportunity at a Glance This position is
responsible for providing the strategic vision and leadership
required to achieve the Organization's purpose of helping our
students achieve their educational and career goals through
innovation and deployment of our academic technology and business
applications. This role specifically focuses on all strategy,
planning and management pertaining to optimal operation, support,
administration, and future roadmap of the student business
applications used in Adtalem's Medical & Healthcare institutions -
currently Banner, TouchNet, and related student information tools
and applications. This role also works to identify and implement
strategies that will further develop the use of technology in cost
saving measures for the Organization.--The position has
administrative and budget responsibilities for a team of
information professionals and will be responsible for developing
that team through proactive coaching and mentoring.
- Develops and leads a high-performing team of solution and
- Establishes strong relationships with Adtalem Global Education
Medical & Healthcare Institutions and all support functions to
continuously understand their needs/requirements related to student
operations and business applications.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance student, faculty, and staff
performance through technology and business applications.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and reviews new solutions and the
work plans necessary to implement them.
- Acts as primary vendor contact for all related business
applications, managing all aspects of the business
- Supports and manages large, complex technical environment and
- Responsible for technology planning; capacity planning; and
design and configuration standards.--
- Ensures the availability of applications and environments and
makes recommendations to enhance solutions in support of business
- Establishes monitoring standards, implements solutions, and
creates a culture of continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with other teams and departments.
- Drives to achieve Service Level Agreement objectives, restoring
service in the event of service failure, identifying root cause of
failure and implementing recommended root cause actions to prevent
future service interruptions.
- Participates in the development and administration of the
annual budget planning processes.
- Participates in the forecast of funds needed for staffing,
equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Actively participates in IT groups external to Adtalem Global
Education through industry seminars, workshops, and training
- Follow and help ensure overall team and organizational
alignment with the Adtalem Global Education TEACH Values.
- Completes other duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required or higher in related discipline.
(Master's degree preferred).
- 10-15 years of IT work experience.
- 5-10 years of managerial and supervisory experiences.
- Advanced level of technical knowledge and experience, with
specific experience in Student Information Systems (Banner in
particular) and related technologies strongly preferred.--
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate, coach,
mentor, and grow staff.
- Strong project management, process, technical and financial
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and
multiple employees simultaneously. . We are proud to be an EEO
employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong
commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our
Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that
prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain
a drug-free workplace. Who We Are At--Adtalem Global Education, we
seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find
success and make inspiring contributions to our global community.
Adtalem is a leading workforce solutions provider that partners
with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs
and empowers career development with access to world-class academic
curriculums, certifications and training programs across the
medical and healthcare and financial services industries. Adtalem
institutions and companies include: American University of the
Caribbean School of Medicine,--Association of Certified Anti-Money
Laundering Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain
University, EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School
of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary
Medicine.--(NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more
information, please visi t--adtalem.com . Commitment to Diversity
and Inclusion We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that
encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To
us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be
impactful. We don't just welcome differences, we celebrate
them.--#WeAreAdtalem To learn more about our commitment
to--Diversity and Inclusion ,-- click here --to visit our Diversity
page. Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
If you are an Alumnus of any of our institutions, please log in to
our Alumnus page to apply for opportunities.
If you are a current colleague of any of our institutions, please
log in to the The Commons to apply for internal opportunities.
Please note that only current colleagues will be able to log in
using this link.
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Chamberlain University, Skokie , Director, IT-Business Applications, Executive , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!