Snr EHS Engineer
Posted on: September 12, 2023
This position will implement, maintain and improve upon
established manufacturing and distribution unit safety programs,
especially those related to environmental concerns. Encourages and
promotes safety on and off the job through the EHS Safety Committee
and other promotions. Establishes safety procedures and work
instructions for uniform policy enforcement. Routinely evaluates
new equipment and present work stations for safety and for
ergonomic fit. Investigates incidents to establish and eliminate
root causes. Develops plans and methods to meet OSHA's annual
- Responsible for leading facility compliance with Federal,
State, and local regulations, including EPA, ISO 45001/14001 as
well as established internal company standards.
- Develop, monitor and submit reports and work instructions
associated with air emissions, hazardous waste management, waste
water treatment, and industrial hygiene auditing.
- Lead efforts to improve recycling, waste disposal, water and
air pollution control.
- Plans and implements the environmental management system and
ensures that environmental risks are properly managed.
- Ensures that potential physical and chemical exposures to
health hazards are identified and adequately evaluated and
*This list may not be all inclusive and may include other duties as
assigned by the supervisor.
CRITICAL SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry or
Biology, and 5+ years related experience.
- CIH certifications preferred but not required.
- Solid knowledge of OSHA, EPA and state/local environmental
- Experience in implementing the ISO 45001/14001 standard.
- Practical knowledge and application of behavioral safety.
- Ability to analyze issues, develop solutions, and effectively
- Strong leadership, communication, teamwork, and presentation
skills are required as this individual will interact with hourly
and corporate employees.
- Organized, accurate, and precise record keeping is essential
for this position.
- High energy and ability to operate in a pro-active, creative
manner is important.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and internet systems are a
- Ability to recognize production imperatives but resist any
pressure to compromise safety.
- Self-initiative and the ability to perform the functions with
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Manual dexterity for computer work.
- Manufacturing environment - includes, but not limited to,
artificial lighting, machine/equipment noise, some welding exhaust,
non-controlled temperatures, and PPE required.
- Ability to move about the plant in both the office and
manufacturing areas including ability to access remote areas, small
spaces and possibly work at height.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Snr EHS Engineer, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!