Company: Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Title: Project Engineer
Location: Skokie, IL
Overview:Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for
professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at
every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company,
Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- Join our dynamic team as a Project Engineer and be at the
forefront of developing cutting-edge manufacturing processes that
drive efficiency, productivity, and profitability. As a technical
professional, you will have the opportunity to design, optimize,
and improve manufacturing systems, while working on multiple
projects at different stages simultaneously. Your expertise will be
crucial in maintaining reliable and safe manufacturing operations,
improving production rates, reducing costs, and driving sustainable
- Lead projects to meet or exceed project KPIs, including project
cost, completion date, and ROI.
- Design, install, and commission new production units,
troubleshoot existing processes, and implement upgrades to drive
- Evaluate existing processes and implement best practices to
optimize manufacturing systems for cost reduction and
- Manage project budgets and timelines to ensure on-time and
on-budget project completion.
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance, collaborating with
cross-functional teams for seamless operations.
- Select, manage, and collaborate with sub-contractors, driving
effective project execution.
- Supervise equipment installation to ensure smooth
- Prepare and maintain study data and documentation, ensuring
accuracy and compliance.
- Collaborate with teams to present data-driven ideas and
suggestions for cost reduction and process improvement.
- Conduct Return on Investment (ROI) analysis of proposed
production improvements and implement solutions.
- Maintain project records, documenting labor, material usage,
and production output to showcase achieved ROI.
- Develop machine and line manuals, contributing to comprehensive
documentation for smooth operations.
- Develop training materials, conduct training sessions, and
evaluate employee learning for skill development.
- Track project hours worked and report progress to ensure
effective project management.
- Complete miscellaneous engineering projects, contributing to
continuous improvement efforts.
- Bring your 10 years of engineering experience in the food
industry to drive impactful solutions.
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts, and procedures across
all levels of the organization, showcasing your expertise.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating strong
organizational skills and self-motivation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, for
effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and
AutoCAD, leveraging technology for efficient project
- Good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic,
and pneumatic systems, with hands-on troubleshooting
- Experience with process controllers such as Allen-Bradley,
Siemens, Omron, Yaskawa, and basic programming skills are a
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Inc., Skokie , Project Engineer, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...