Driv: Engineering Co-op - Spring/Summer 2023
Company: Tenneco Automotive
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Job Title: Engineering Co-op
Job Level: Intern
Reports to: Value Steam Manager
Date: February 2023
Tenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul, and hlins with 31 of the best-known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race, and every journey.
The ideal intern will provide junior-level engineering support to the manufacturing processes and will assist to design, install, and maintain production processes to fulfill customer requirements. Will provide support to engineering teams in being responsible for product and process design changes and support continuous improvement initiatives. This candidate will gain exposure to internal operations, as Tenneco Skokie does design and manufacture all Fel-Pro Gaskets. Through hands-on experience in manufacturing, engineering, and other areas of the company, the candidate will have key experience in the different disciplines of engineering to support their ideal career path.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the intern will assist or lead various engineering projects which may include but are not limited to.
* Determine the root cause of manufacturing defects and develop and implement corrective actions
* Analyze root cause of manufacturing downtime and develop and implement continuous improvement suggestions
* Assist Engineers in the design and development of tooling, processes, and equipment
* Balance operator workload, reduce non-value-added activities and eliminate and /or improve ergonomic issues
* Propose cell layout changes and process changes to improve throughput
* Develop and maintain standard work for the process/cell
* Perform time, motion, and other studies
* Working toward a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or another related engineering discipline.
* Basic understanding of manufacturing design practices for common production/fabrication processes
* GPA of 3.0 and above preferred
Skills & Knowledge
* Comfortable working with people with various capabilities in a manufacturing environment
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Analytical skillset for data tracking and results analysis
* Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
* Demonstrate outstanding learning capabilities and ability to deliver results on challenging assignments
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring based on sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Title: Engineering Co-op
Keywords: Tenneco Automotive, Skokie , Driv: Engineering Co-op - Spring/Summer 2023, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
here to apply!