Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Network Engineer will have focused on network security
operations and reports to the Sr Manager and Functional Manager.
The Network Engineer is responsible for numerous significant
aspects related to protecting critical IT network assets. This will
encompass leading the day to day operational support, maintaining
and implementing standards for network security control, security
logging and ensuring compliance with defined controls and
standards. The Network Engineer will report to the GIOS Network
Manager and work closely with the Information Security Team. The
Network Engineer is responsible for numerous significant aspects
related to protecting critical IT assets including proving the
operational support for the network security infrastructure and
making sure the operational SLOs and SLAs are met, maintaining and
implementing standards for network security control, representing
network security requirements and needs within the IT organization,
assisting with security operational efforts such as incident
response and investigations, network log monitoring and analysis,
and ensuring compliance with defined controls and standards. This
position will also provide alignment and facilitation between the
Network and Information Security teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Defining and Maintaining various operational procedures,
templates and best practices.
- Providing support for the operational/maintenance issues and
serving as an escalation point for the team.
- Providing input into updates to network security, access
control and identity management related policies and standards
- Working with various service providers & vendors to make sure
SLAs are met, work on process improvement as and when needed.
- Defining & Implementing solutions for WAN, Remote Access,
Business partners & vendors, Network Access Control, Network
segmentation and isolation etc.
- Ensuring network security controls, including network access
controls are maintained for the network environment based on the
- Researching existing network infrastructure to propose
improvements and working with the team to implement changes to
standardize the environment and improve performance.
- Identifying and communicating metrics to measure against
- Integrating security requirements into third party management
- Documenting, updating and maintaining the network security
- Performing IT risk assessments on key IT infrastructure
- Ensuring enterprise-wide infrastructure security logging
procedures are implemented and maintained.
Required Skills :
- The ability to interface across the organization with other
teams, such as Business operations, System Delivery, Functional
Delivery, Application Development, VMO, Infrastructure Operations
and Service Delivery, auditors, Legal, Information security
- Experience working with Palo Alto, Checkpoint Firewalls,
Bluecoat, F5, Cisco ASA, Splunk, Cisco Wireless Security, ISE, Web
Filtering solutions like Zscaler.
- Knowledge of network routing protocols, IOS Firewall, VPN, LAN
- Experience designing and supporting network access control,
remote access and perimeter security
- The ability to maintain and deliver a consistent service and
operations of the infrastructure
- An analytical demeanor, strong decision-making skills and the
ability to effectively communicate with individuals across all
levels the organization
- Knowledge and experience working across a geographically and
culturally diverse organization
- Working knowledge of network security concepts and
- Working knowledge of IT general controls and their
- A solid technical foundation in the delivery of enabling
technologies and enterprise applications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities while multitasking
- Ability to design, evaluate and document processes and lead
teams in accomplishing process review and improvement
Required Experience :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security and
Risk Management, Information Systems, Engineering or related
- CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, CCNP-Security, GSEC, certifications are
- Experience in implementing and managing network security,
access control and identity management solutions.
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience working directly with network
and security operational services support and projects
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and
related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age,
disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Network Engineer, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!