Company: LanzaTech, Inc
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTechA
post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part
of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our
technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday
products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is
state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal
nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into
bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work.
These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw
material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and
recycled again - from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to
yoga pants.Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led
company with an international footprint and a diverse employee
population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our
mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our
leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to
learn.In addition, we have announced our plan to merge with AMCI
Acquisition Corp. II and expect to become a publicly traded company
on Nasdaq. Come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution
Future!Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM
- 2022 - Coty, Inc. - LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in
majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2021 - ZARA - cutting edge, high fashion black dresses made
from LT recycled carbon
- 2021 - lululemon - sports apparel made from LT Recycled
- 2021 - L'Or--al - partnership to make packaging with LT
recycled carbonNotable acknowledgments:
- 2021 - Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels,
Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 - Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the
- 2020 - Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 - CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies listInterested in
learning more? Visit us atand download/stream our latest
CarbonSmartTMPodcast on,,or wherever you receive your podcasts!This
position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability,
or veteran status.Position Summary:Responsible for all phases of
process design work for commercial projects supporting global
customers across various industries. This includes developing heat
and weight balances, equipment sizing and specification, developing
PFDs and P&IDs, and developing and executing project plans for
delivery of engineering packages. This position will lead various
engineering projects and initiatives at any given time.
Coordinating with a cross-functional global team is essential to
ensure that the robust process is followed, resulting in timely and
accurate project execution. This role will also mentor on all
engineering disciplines assigned to projects.Specific Job Function:
- Develop and evaluate process concepts to optimize the
- Interact with internal teams/ external partners / third party
service providers / process equipment manufacturers to conduct
process development experiments and trials
- Accountable for basic engineering packages which includes, but
is not limited to:
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's).
- Detailed Heat and Weight Balances for new or modified
- Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's).
- Equipment lists and specifications.
- Delivering on-schedule and within project budgets
- Respond to client needs in a timely manner with technically
- Utilize specified software, models and LanzaTech proprietary
tools to size equipment.
- Validate calculations, heat and weight balances data, equipment
sizing and equipment specification information pre-packaged by
other Process Engineers.
- Work with plant operations personnel to troubleshoot operation
- Identify, evaluate, and justify process improvement
- Interact with third parties such as equipment vendors,
Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contractors and
- Participate in or lead process HAZOPs and risk identification
and mitigation activities.
- Develop and share best practices with the engineering team and
throughout the company.
- Prepare accurate calculations, some of which are
- Lead in the continuous improvement effort of LanzaTech's design
methodologies and tools to address customers' needs and the
productivity within LanzaTech.
- Provide R&D, sales, and Technical Services support, as
- BS in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or
comparable engineering discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player mentality.
- Skilled in MS Office suite and MS Project
- Able to demonstrate effective coordination, planning and
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities
- A valid passport is requiredProcess Engineer Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in the position offered or similar
- Demonstrated experience with developing basic engineering
- Experience with specification of equipment such as reactors,
tanks, heat exchangers pumps, and vessels
- Ability to gather data, set priorities, and meet
- Working knowledge of process instrumentation, control valves,
and control loops
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, work
independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to use chemical engineering principles and
technoeconomic analysis to develop and evaluate new process
concepts or configurationsDesired Qualifications:
- Experience with fermentation, process development, and/or
process operations in a bioprocessing facility
- Prior plant commissioning and start-up experience
- Track record of taking on big challenges and striving to change
the worldWork Conditions:
- Able to work in a general office and desk environment
- Sitting and working at a desk for long durations
- Working on a computer for long durations
- Up to 25% of global travel is required. Some travel is for
extended periods to support projects.
Keywords: LanzaTech, Inc, Skokie , Process Engineer, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!