Company: LanzaTech, Inc
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTechA
post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part
of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our
technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday
products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is
state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal
nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into
bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work.
These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw
material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and
recycled again - from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to
yoga pants.Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led
company with an international footprint and a diverse employee
population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our
mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our
leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to
learn.In addition, we have announced our plan to merge with AMCI
Acquisition Corp. II and expect to become a publicly traded company
on Nasdaq. Come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution
Future!Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM
- 2022 - Coty, Inc. - LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in
majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2021 - ZARA - cutting edge, high fashion black dresses made
from LT recycled carbon
- 2021 - lululemon - sports apparel made from LT Recycled
- 2021 - L'Or--al - partnership to make packaging with LT
recycled carbonNotable acknowledgments:
- 2021 - Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels,
Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 - Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the
- 2020 - Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 - CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies listInterested in
learning more? Visit us atand download/stream our latest
CarbonSmartTMPodcast on,,or wherever you receive your podcasts!This
position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United
States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal
Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability,
or veteran status.About the role We have a unique opportunity for a
sustainability-focused engineer to join the Process Integration
research and development group at LanzaTech. Process Integration
works on novel concept development of the bioreactor and downstream
processes, is responsible for the pilot labs within LanzaTech
headquarters, and provides technical support to commercial gas
fermentation facilities. As a member of this team the successful
candidate will operate pilot gas fermentation reactors and
supporting systems, travel to global sites to advise fermentation
operation, participate in experimental planning, and join
cross-functional team-based projects with engineering, synthetic
biology, and computational biology. This position has a global
travel component of up to 50%.Key dutiesSite support
- Travel to commercial sites around the world to assist in
commissioning and start-up of gas fermentation plants.Fermentation
- Operate both lab and pilot scale fermentation reactors and
downstream separation systems.
- Maintain lab and pilot scale equipment.
- Make up fermentation media and dosing chemicals.Engineering
- Aid in development of novel process flow schemes around gas
fermentation, especially integrating with up and down-stream
- Opportunity to propose, specify, and build modifications to
pilot scale equipment.
- Aid in development of next-generation gas fermentation
- Aid in development of control systems to assist in gas
fermentation operations at commercial scale.
- Write up novel concepts as invention disclosures and
participate in the patent application process.Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering preferably with a biology
focus (bioprocess, biochemical, biological).
- 3+ years of research development and/or site commissioning
experience or the equivalent in postgraduate study.
- Passport & ability to travel.Preferred/Valued Qualifications
- Master's degree in microbiology, fermentation science,
bioprocess engineering or a related field plus 3+ years industrial
- Prior experience with the design and development of
bioprocesses, especially around scale-up and process
- Knowledge or experience of gas fermentation technology by
- Practical mechanical experience with pilot scale and larger
- Knowledge of analytics & instrumentation of biological
- Industrial site experience commissioning & troubleshooting
biological process plants.
- Experience with DCS/PLC programming and control loop
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Prolonged periods of standing in the lab.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse industrial process sites wearing
safety gear.Work Environment
- Based out of LanzaTech's global headquarters in Skokie,
- Overseas and domestic travel, up to 50% for operations
- Both desk and hands-on work in lab, pilot, and commercial
- Exposure to chemical hazards such as toxic and/or flammable
gases and substances when working in the lab. Possible exposure to
large industrial hazards while on commercial sites.
Keywords: LanzaTech, Inc, Skokie , Bioprocess Engineer, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!