Maintenance Mechanic Apprentice - 1st Shift
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Job Title: DRIV Technician Apprentice
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work in the Maintenance or Tooling departments as an apprentice.
Apprenticeship includes 4 years of evening school and 4 years of
on-the-job training for maintenance apprenticeships, or 3 years of
evening school and 5 years of on-the-job training for tooling
apprenticeships. The apprentice will be assigned a variety of tasks
to develop the skill set required to become a journey worker in
their chosen craft such as m aintaining efficient and safe
operations of all equipment, machinery and building facilities to
support the DRIV manufacturing plant, or ensures manufactured parts
are within compliance standards. Notify the Operations Supervisor
of any occurrences that negatively impact production. Adhere to
safety, health, and environmental guidelines.
Reporting Relationships :
- Job Reports to (Please List Job Title):
Operations Supervisor and assigned mentor
- Job Titles and Number of Employees by Job Title Reporting to
No direct reports
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duty? (Yes/No)
- Through formal education and on-the-job training, acquire the
skills required to perform essential tasks in a skilled trade. This
includes the areas of CNC, Tool & Die, Mechanical or Electrical
- Participate in coursework related to their apprenticeship. Must
maintain a 'C' average at minimum in their related coursework.
Satisfactorily complete coursework and follow established
attendance guidelines of Tenneco and the related instruction
- Develop and practice safe work habits and work in such a manner
as to assure their personal safety and that of their fellow team
- Promptly report safety or quality problems and shut down the
equipment or operational area if unable to resolve.
- Identify process and equipment inefficiencies and suggest
- Other tasks and assignments that are consistent with knowledge
Job Requirements :
Successful completion of high school or equivalency program
All applicants must pass the required math and reading test and
aptitude test (mechanical or spatial).
The below requirements are for all job titles within this family,
but may differ between each individual position:
- Climb/Balance: Frequently required.
- Stooping: Regularly required.
- Kneeling: Occasionally required.
- Crouch/Crawl: Occasionally required.
- Bending: Regularly required.
- Standing: Regularly required.
- Handle Materials: Regularly required.
- Manipulate Objects: Regularly required.
- Vision: Ability to see objects up close or at a distance, in
color, adjust focus, and use peripheral vision regularly.
- Lifting: continuously lifting objects weighing 5lb - 40lb,
frequently lifting objects 40lb - 60lb, occasionally lifting
objects weighing up to 100lb.
The preceding job description is intended to provide general
guidelines and parameters for the job and is not intended to be a
comprehensive, detailed description of the job. The manager and the
employee should mutually establish detailed job expectations.
Additional development and training for DRIV Technician Apprentice
by area follows.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Keywords: Tenneco, Skokie , Maintenance Mechanic Apprentice - 1st Shift, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!