Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Company: DRiV Incorporated
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Tenneco's Motorparts (DRiV) is a world leader in the
international automotive aftermarket built from the combined
strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and --hlins with 31 of the best
known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100
years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the
world work as one team, driving advancements that help our
customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race
and every journey.We are looking for an Advanced Manufacturing
Engineer to join our Skokie, IL Facility. This position will be a
member of a high-performance team dedicated to the development and
implementation of a manufacturing excellence road-map which drives
the future of the Skokie facility. They will contribute to creating
and driving a five-year rolling horizon plan to ensure advanced
manufacturing concepts are incorporated, driving out complexity,
cost and inefficiency while transitioning to a single piece flow
manufacturing as the ideal state.What you will do:
- Identify, plan, and oversee manufacturing improvement projects
to improve plant safety, quality, productivity, and reduce cost for
the Skokie site.
- Define project scope and objectives.
- Develop detailed timing plans with functional milestones to
support project objectives; execute plan within established
- Create project financial model including capital equipment,
investment return, labor and related aspects; manage project
spending to established plan.
- Develop detailed project investment plans to achieve favorable
ROI and manage project spend to meet plan
- Provide project updates regularly to stakeholders.
- Research and analyze best practices in manufacturing concepts
and trends for applicability; stay abreast of latest manufacturing
technology and leverage technology to benefit Skokie site.
- Develop and manage project schedules, cross-functional
deliverable and detailed timelines.
- Engage third-party vendors to quote and source equipment and
services necessary for projects.Your skills and experience:
- 5+ years directly relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Advanced Manufacturing or
- Strong technical background with passion for manufacturing
technology with a desire and ability to envision new manufacturing
- Proven experience and passion for Lean Manufacturing
- Excellent project management skills including; developing and
managing a project plan, establishing project priorities, working
to deadlines and controlling multiple projects in various states of
readiness to meet project milestones and deadlines
- Experience in capital equipment financial model
- Experience working in cross functional teams in a technical or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the
ability to communicate effectively across all levels and channels
of the organization to resolve issues and overcome barriers
Keywords: DRiV Incorporated, Skokie , Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Skokie, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!